Hello from Iowa

Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:45 am

Not new to brewing, but new to forums. I have searched these sights from time to time to get answers on new techniques and all out brewing. Finally decided that I should become part of the community. I have been brewing off and on for about 15 years, started the usual way with a good ol Mr Beer kit that my mom gave me for Christmas. Now, with three other buddies, I use an electric system with three 15.5 gallon keggles. We usually put out 10 gallons per brew day. Nothing fancy but makes great beer. Thanks for accepting me into the forum

Semper Fi
Andy
Minganbrews

Re: Hello from Iowa

Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:29 pm

Welcome to the forum Andy!

Glad you decided to join up. What kind of beers do you make the most with your buddies?

CHEERS!!

Brewinhard :bnarmy: :bnarmy:
"A bad man is a good man's job, while a good man is a bad man's teacher."
brewinhard
Global Moderator

Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:32 pm

We do about everything really, we try to keep it seasonal. I have 10 gallons of Oktoberfest lagering right now. I also have 10 gallons of ESB that will be done next week. How about you? What kinds do you prefer?

Cheers
Andy
Minganbrews

Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:20 pm

Welcome!
CoreySmith

Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:29 am

Welcome from an old Army guy!
:bnarmy:
-B'Dawg
BJCP GM3 Judge & Mead
"Lunch Meat. It's an acquired taste....." -- Mylo
BDawg

Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:42 am

Minganbrews wrote:We do about everything really, we try to keep it seasonal. I have 10 gallons of Oktoberfest lagering right now. I also have 10 gallons of ESB that will be done next week. How about you? What kinds do you prefer?

Cheers
Andy

I brew all styles. In fact, I only brew 5 gallons at a time simply because I usually get bored with the same beers around. So, once I finish one brew, I usually try a completely different style and recipe. I simply just enjoy the process of brewing and trying to make the very best beer every time I brew, whether its a Munich Helles, Scottish Export, or American Brown Ale.

Lately though, I have been brewing a lot of lagers, light ales, and now that the fall is here, trending more towards the malty goodness (browns, alts, scottish, and bocks).
"A bad man is a good man's job, while a good man is a bad man's teacher."
brewinhard
Global Moderator

Return to New Users