New to BN from STL

Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:25 pm

Hey Guys,

I started listening to BN back in April while interning at SixRow Brewing Company in St. Louis. I now work for 4 Hands Brewing Co. also here in St. Louis. I am new to home brewing as well. I just purchased a new Blichmann Top Tier with most of the toys/accessories. I have been learning a tremendous amount from the Brewing Network podcasts and hope to continue to soak up all that knowledge listening, as well as working at the brewery. If any one has any questions or comments, give me a shout and I'll be sure to get back with you. Happy Brewing!

-Eric
EricBrews

Re: New to BN from STL

Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:04 pm

Welcome! Which part of town are you in? There are several clubs that meet in the area, each with their own personality.
siwelwerd

Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:06 pm

Welcome
-B'Dawg
BJCP GM3 Judge & Mead
"Lunch Meat. It's an acquired taste....." -- Mylo
BDawg

Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:34 am

EricBrews wrote:Hey Guys,
I now work for 4 Hands Brewing Co. also here in St. Louis. I am new to home brewing as well.
-Eric

Awesome! Bob G. is CEO where I work now. If you don't know him yet, you will.
code
codewritinfool

Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:45 pm

Thanks! I live in the Lafayette Square area near downtown. And If you are talking about Bob that is one of our investors, then yep, I've talked to him quite a bit. Fun guy. I talked with some of the STLHOPS guys when I was pouring for 4 Hands at 2nd Shift Brewing's festival.
EricBrews

Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:55 pm

EricBrews wrote:Thanks! I live in the Lafayette Square area near downtown. And If you are talking about Bob that is one of our investors, then yep, I've talked to him quite a bit. Fun guy. I talked with some of the STLHOPS guys when I was pouring for 4 Hands at 2nd Shift Brewing's festival.

I think the STLHops guys meet in the city. The St. louis Brews are probably the next closest, they meet in Crestwood these days; they should be meeting tomorrow night, actually, as they always meet on the first Thursday of the month.
siwelwerd

Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:37 am

EricBrews wrote:Thanks! I live in the Lafayette Square area near downtown. And If you are talking about Bob that is one of our investors, then yep, I've talked to him quite a bit. Fun guy. I talked with some of the STLHOPS guys when I was pouring for 4 Hands at 2nd Shift Brewing's festival.

Yep, that's him. Great guy, I work with him daily and he puts up with my humor.
code
codewritinfool

Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:03 am

siwelwerd wrote:

I think the STLHops guys meet in the city. The St. louis Brews are probably the next closest, they meet in Crestwood these days; they should be meeting tomorrow night, actually, as they always meet on the first Thursday of the month.

We meet at Perennial on the 2nd Tue of each month 7pm to 9pm. Just had our meeting last night.
ACESFULL

Return to New Users