Hello from England

Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:11 pm

Hello from the United States of England. I've been listening to the BN for a while now and I'm very jealous of the homebrew and craft ale scene you have. Hopefully I can get better tips on here than the usual crap that is regurgitated on other forums such as "put your wort in a warm place to ferment".

Suck it JP.

Joe
Underground Joe

Re: Hello from England

Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:26 pm

Welcome-

You'll fit in just fine.

:asshat:
-B'Dawg
BJCP GM3 Judge & Mead
"Lunch Meat. It's an acquired taste....." -- Mylo
BDawg

Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:15 am

Underground Joe wrote: "put your wort in a warm place to ferment".

Maybe they were doing a Saison :mrgreen:

Welcome!
Sergeant, BN Army
R.I.P. Rat Pad ('05-'12)

Fermenter: Mayotoberfest
Kegged: Common, Cherry, & Apple Pie Ciders, Falconer Pale Ale, Strawberry Blonde
On Deck: German Pilsner, Chinookee Wookiee
TheDarkSide
Global Moderator

Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:45 am

Underground Joe wrote:...I'm very jealous of the homebrew and craft ale scene you have.

Welcome, from one Joe to another! What part of England are you in? It's interesting how our craft and homebrew scene came about...Basically years of nothing but crappy light, tasteless beer. And any import we get has sat on a boat for a long long time. So it really seems like it gave us an innovative spirit in our brewing here. When I was in London, I had a Fuller's Spring Sprinter that tasted a lot like an American Pale Ale with its hop aroma, nothing like the other English pales and bitters. It seems like the US is starting to have influence on the rest of the world. Of course, there was a lot of English styles that were great, too, in particular at the Sam Smith pubs.

Great to have you on board, hopefully you can help us brew better beer with your perspective.
JoeBeer100

Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:06 am

Welcome! Always cool to have brewers here from across the pond!
brewinhard
Global Moderator

Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:13 am

JoeBeer100 wrote:
Underground Joe wrote:...I'm very jealous of the homebrew and craft ale scene you have.

Welcome, from one Joe another! What part of England are you in?

I live in a small village near the brewing town of Faversham, home of Britain's oldest brewery, Shepherd Neame, who have brewing since 1698. It's about 50 miles east of London in the hop growing region of Kent. Most of the beers that I brew are leaning towards an American style with some traditional stouts and English pale ales thrown in for good measure. I've got about 30-40 brews under my belt, a mixture of three vessel and brew in a bag. I've got a brewing blog that I run with a friend as a way of sharing my experiences and hopefully I can learn a lot here and share some of my knowledge with others. One thing I've learnt with brewing, you never stop learning.
Underground Joe

Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:23 pm

TheDarkSide wrote:
Underground Joe wrote: "put your wort in a warm place to ferment".

Maybe they were doing a Saison :mrgreen:

Welcome!

How do you know my Saison process!
Bottled: fresh hop pale ale
On tap: Moose bile strong ale
In the cellar: Taqu'il's Fat Black Imperial Stout
Lagering:
In the fermenter: Moose drool clone
In the works: Taqu'il's Fat Black Imperial stout
PorkSlapper

Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:37 pm

Underground Joe wrote:I've got a brewing blog that I run with a friend as a way of sharing my experiences and hopefully I can learn a lot here and share some of my knowledge with others. One thing I've learnt with brewing, you never stop learning.

Got a link to your blog?
JoeBeer100

Next

Return to New Users