Woman from KS here!

Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:02 pm

Hello!

I've been listening to the BN for awhile now and loving the guys! I've decided to go ahead and join the forum. I am currently active on other forums and also help moderate my HBC's forum http://www.forum.salinabrewersguild.com. I am currently the only woman in my club and I'm always trying to recruit more! I'm am the secretary/events coordinator/social networking officer (pretty much do shit the guys don't want to do.)

So I'm here to say Hi! and Cheers! :jnj
sahammon

Re: Woman from KS here!

Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:19 am

Welcome!
Sergeant, BN Army
R.I.P. Rat Pad ('05-'12)

Fermenter: Mayotoberfest
Kegged: Common, Cherry, & Apple Pie Ciders, Falconer Pale Ale, Strawberry Blonde
On Deck: German Pilsner, Chinookee Wookiee
TheDarkSide
Global Moderator

Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:13 pm

Welcome! We always need more women in the hobby. If you are looking to network with more women interested in craft beer and brewing, you should get involved in Barley's Angels. http://barleysangels.org/chapters.htm Lots of chapters all over the country. They have an amazing group here in Omaha. They even let us guys attend a few of their events, but mostly it's just the ladies meeting in an atmosphere where they don't run the risk of intimidation by guys that think they know more about beer than women.
Bugeater Brewing Company
http://www.lincolnlagers.com
Bugeater

Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:39 pm

Great to have you aboard! I love talking good beer with women who understand the craft. Cheers!
brewinhard
Global Moderator

Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:42 pm

Bugeater wrote: If you are looking to network with more women interested in craft beer and brewing, you should get involved in Barley's Angels. http://barleysangels.org/chapters.htm

I actually learned about Barley's Angels several years ago at your GNBF. I was going to setup a chapter here but that club is more focused about the different styles of beers and pairing them with food. I'm more interested in the brewing. I am very active in my current club. My husband and I make a good brewing team. He is the president of our club and as stated above I hold a couple different offices. I've trying to recruit some women around here but not much luck. That's okay though, I love the guys in my LHBC. They have never made me feel singled out. I know more about brewing then some of them. I'm currently working on being BJCP judge and I'm enrolled in the Cicerone Program.

I see you are with the Lincoln Lagers. I chatted with some of the guys at your booth this last GNBF. I loved the double chocolate malted milk stout. I don't remember what else you had. I've been to many beer festivals and years at GABF and the GNBF is still my favorite :)
sahammon

Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:48 pm

Welcome!
NervousDad

Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:19 pm

Welcome!

I think Henning is from Salina.
One of my old college roommates was as well.
Good guy.
-B'Dawg
BJCP GM3 Judge & Mead
"Lunch Meat. It's an acquired taste....." -- Mylo
BDawg

Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:37 pm

Welcome aboard.
Primary: Nada Damn Thing IPA
Secondary: ESB
Kegged: Jack Schittenweiss
BigNastyBrew