Na Zdorovie!! from KC

Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:55 am

Whats up folks? I just learned about the BN when my wife and I attended the 2013 GABF. We sat in on the Stone Barrel Aging lecture and the Brewers Feud on Saturday night. It was a great time and very informative. I have been brewing for a year now and have done 4 all-grain batches. We have an HVAC company so I am pretty busy but I intend to brew more and better beer more often. I was lucky enough to win a Beer Savvy course at the GABF too so that's pretty cool. My wife and I were at dinner before that Saturday night session and Jamil was there with his daughter. We were standing at the host stand and I was looking at him thinking hmm, he looks familiar. I didn't know who he was but I knew he was there for the GABF. I asked him if he was going to the last session and he said he wasn't sure. He introduced himself and his daughter and I recognized his name from books of course. I have been listening to the mobile podcasts everyday since then and I'm thinking man, if only I had known who I was talking to...... Oh well, he probably likes it when people don't bombard him with questions. And there's always the NHC!

We also met John Palmer and Charlie Papazian, it was a good evening. The actual festival was a bit overwhelming with all of the people but I got to drink so many different awesome beers it was all worth it. If we go back I don't think we need 3 sessions.

Glad to be here and I look forward to learning more everyday.
Brewpug

Re: Na Zdorovie!! from KC

Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:45 pm

Welcome!

Around here, Jamil is known as the Pope, John Palmer is Rock Candy, and Charlie P. is the Godfather.
-B'Dawg
BJCP GM3 Judge & Mead
"Lunch Meat. It's an acquired taste....." -- Mylo
BDawg

Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:32 am

Welcome. HVAC company huh? I can only imagine what your fermentation room looks like or will look like?
You could tell it was Jamil from the bright glow coming off him and the angelic music playing? :mrgreen:

GABF sounds like fun, but I save up my cash (and wife points) for NHC.
Sergeant, BN Army
R.I.P. Rat Pad ('05-'12)

Fermenter: Mayotoberfest
Kegged: Common, Cherry, & Apple Pie Ciders, Falconer Pale Ale, Strawberry Blonde
On Deck: German Pilsner, Chinookee Wookiee
TheDarkSide
Global Moderator

Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:46 am

TheDarkSide wrote:You could tell it was Jamil from the bright glow coming off him and the angelic music playing? :mrgreen:

The yoga pants with "Heretic" plastered across the ass.
Spiderwrangler
PFC, Arachnid Deployment Division

In the cellar:
In the fermentor: Belgian Cider
In the works: Wooden Cider
spiderwrangler
Global Moderator

Return to New Users