Happy to be here

Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:07 am

First time caller, long time listener, great topic, Love the Show.

Here from a little burg north of Brew City, USA. I've been brewing for 10+ years, but not in the abundance many home brewers do it. I make no more than about 3 to 4 batches annually. Just "graduated" into the all-grain mashes last year. Found out some things with my first all-grain batches: Timing is EVERYTHING. It took me three batches to figure that out.
Proudly made my first MLT, using the traditional beverage cooler. I love it, and can't wait to make more with it!
Made my first Cider a little more than a year ago, too. That stuff didn't last long. Drank it too quickly. Will be making some more this fall.

Just learning more about hops, great book "For the love of Hops" and it mentions a Hop variety that was developed here in Wisconsin: Humphrey's Seedling. I was thinking of tracking down this hop, as until now I've never heard of it, and trying to cultivate some in my yard next spring. Trouble is all of my Google searches have come up largely empty. I am designing a couple of raised garden beds with hop poles and have my "gardens" set up for the spring arrival of at least 3 varieties of Hops.

Anyway, I am looking forward to throwing questions at all of you experts and seeing what sticks.

Thanks
LymeKiln

Re: Happy to be here

Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:58 pm

Welcome=
Never heard of that hop but keep searching. You may be able to find it.
-B'Dawg
BJCP GM3 Judge & Mead
"Lunch Meat. It's an acquired taste....." -- Mylo
BDawg

Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:40 am

Welcome from Iowa
Opinions are like assholes, everybody's got one, some are kinda shitty
cornhole

Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:42 am

Welcome!
Sergeant, BN Army
R.I.P. Rat Pad ('05-'12)

Fermenter: Mayotoberfest
Kegged: Common, Cherry, & Apple Pie Ciders, Falconer Pale Ale, Strawberry Blonde
On Deck: German Pilsner, Chinookee Wookiee
TheDarkSide
Global Moderator

Return to New Users