New to the boards

Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:37 am

Hey all,

Just wanted to stop by and say hello. I was reading some of the older threads about homebrewing in Alabama. Im new to the hobby and live in Northern AL (Huntsville,Madison area). Anyone else around that happens to know of any local places to get supplies/ingredients would be great to know. Im looking to keep it cheap at first. I have a Mr.Beer kit now and will be brewing my second (really my first besides the booster kit that comes with Mr. B) possibly this weekend. Planning to make a War Eagle Auburn Ale using DME and Steeping Grains. Should be a lot more fun than the HME and booster.
TheSkinnyBrewer

Re: New to the boards

Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:08 pm

Welcome-

Mr. Beer is the crack cocaine of homebrewing. Lots of us started with it (I did).

:bnarmy:
-B'Dawg
BJCP GM3 Judge & Mead
"Lunch Meat. It's an acquired taste....." -- Mylo
BDawg

Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:41 am

My wife bought me a Mr Beer kit as an anniversary present a dozen years a go and it's been a runaway frieght train since. Great hobby!
Welcom to the Asylum!
Keep on Brewin'
Captain Carrot

"Beer makes everything more fun!" (me)
captain carrot

Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:52 am

TheSkinnyBrewer wrote:Hey all,

Just wanted to stop by and say hello. I was reading some of the older threads about homebrewing in Alabama. Im new to the hobby and live in Northern AL (Huntsville,Madison area). Anyone else around that happens to know of any local places to get supplies/ingredients would be great to know. Im looking to keep it cheap at first. I have a Mr.Beer kit now and will be brewing my second (really my first besides the booster kit that comes with Mr. B) possibly this weekend. Planning to make a War Eagle Auburn Ale using DME and Steeping Grains. Should be a lot more fun than the HME and booster.

Lots of soldiers on here from the area...not sure about "local", but I'm sure anything you ordered from Brewmasters Warehouse (Atlanta), or Rebel Brewer (Nashville) would get to you in a day or 2 at the most. I order from them all the time, and my stuff gets to me normally in 2 days....in Biloxi, Ms.

Welcome to the nuthouse....hope to see you this year at Emerald Coast.!!

Sergeant, Gulf Coast, Air Force Div.

Keeper of the :asshat: 2011-2012

"Push keeps shoving something in my mouth" Kim Woods

BJCP Judge
Whitebeard_Brewer

Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:19 am

Welcome!
"Mash, I made you my bitch!" -Tasty
Dirk McLargeHuge
Global Moderator

Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:42 pm

I think all Homebrew transactions in AL start with, "psst...hey buddy". :)

Welcome
TheDarkSide
Global Moderator

Return to New Users