Re: JP's new show?

Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:48 am

mach5 wrote:So I was on the show last night. I had the dry stout. I thought the show went well and I would encourage everyone to get on the show's schedule. I'm an east coaster so it was a little late but it was fun anyway. I thought Lee and Brian did a great job picking my beer apart and giving an honest opinion (which is what I really want) on the beer. I was pretty amazed at some of the things they picked out. Having the active dialog with the judges is great because it helps you talk through the beers, I also think it helps the judges to talk with the brewers as they are critiquing.

One thing I noticed in listening to the session archives is that they did a LOT of listener tasting and feedback on the older shows. I think they do less of it now and I'm glad they started this show to pick the tasting aspect back up. Overall, I don't think beer tasting is great radio, but the info that comes out around the tasting part is always great. I hope JP keeps this show going.

I'm hoping to be on JP's show too, I currently have an American Stout and a Hibiscus Red Ale at the ready and in another week I'll have a Ginger Saison then after that I'll have a single hopped American Pale Ale. I intend to put aside bottles of everything I brew just in case Jp'll have me on the show.

Oh quick question, where/how can I listen to the show you were on? I don't see it in the available podcast downloads and junk
Fermenting: Black IPA, Barley Wine, Cider and Imperial Stout

Current man crush: Warren

Previous man crushes: Nathan, Tasty, JP and Justin

Future man crush: Maybe Jamil or Doc

:bnarmy: SGT ScottyB-Brewing :bnarmy:
ScottyB-Brewing

Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:51 am

ScottyB-Brewing

Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:04 pm

Scotty, definitely send JP an email. He said he's booking through October, but that's only like 6 shows. Dr. Homebrew is picking up steam and it is really up to the Army to keep it going. The LiveStream is a nice touch!
JP seems genuinely interested in getting as many people on the show as he can, so get brewing!
I can't wait for the August 15th show (wink wink, nudge nudge)
Effingbeer

Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:11 pm

Effingbeer wrote:Scotty, definitely send JP an email. He said he's booking through October, but that's only like 6 shows. Dr. Homebrew is picking up steam and it is really up to the Army to keep it going. The LiveStream is a nice touch!
JP seems genuinely interested in getting as many people on the show as he can, so get brewing!
I can't wait for the August 15th show (wink wink, nudge nudge)

I definitely emailed him, I hope to get a chance for him and the two BJCP judges Brian and Lee to give me some feedback on muh brew some time in the future, I'll be ready and I shall be putting aside some bottles every time I brew just in case for Dr Homebrew

ScottyB-Brewing

Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:22 am

Some suggestions: Give up hope on getting "spiced" beers on the show. I am sure he doesn't want specialty beers on all the time. We Homebrewers always want to do something different, but it is a BJCP category guided show. Make something to a style that people don't tend to brew as often. Everybody is making stouts and pale ales and IPAs; you should be able to get good feedback from your local club or other beer nerd friends on those. I don't think he has had any lagers yet if you are up to that. I screwed him over by letting my wife drink up all my maibock before getting some in bottles. Oops! But I had a couple others he was interested in because they were (intended to be) brewed to style and not your everyday Homebrew house beer.
Good Luck Scotty. Keep brewing!
Effingbeer

Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:57 am

Effingbeer wrote:Some suggestions: Give up hope on getting "spiced" beers on the show. I am sure he doesn't want specialty beers on all the time. We Homebrewers always want to do something different, but it is a BJCP category guided show. Make something to a style that people don't tend to brew as often. Everybody is making stouts and pale ales and IPAs; you should be able to get good feedback from your local club or other beer nerd friends on those. I don't think he has had any lagers yet if you are up to that. I screwed him over by letting my wife drink up all my maibock before getting some in bottles. Oops! But I had a couple others he was interested in because they were (intended to be) brewed to style and not your everyday Homebrew house beer.
Good Luck Scotty. Keep brewing!

I'm not really setup for doing lagers, how about American Stouts? Most folks are making Dry Stouts and junk. We'll see though, I intend to make a stout of varying types every 2 weeks.

Maybe I'll make something nobody ever does like a Biere de Garde or a Berliner Weiss lol :jnj

ScottyB-Brewing

Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:26 am

FedEx can suck it. Kiss my ass you pieces of shit. That is all.
Effingbeer

Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:10 pm

Is on in an hour. Listen. Watch on LiveStream. Do it.
Effingbeer

PreviousNext

Return to Beer Radio