Best of Part 1 and 2

Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:54 pm

So I just finished listening to both Best of Shows. I had a few thought:
Initially, I was disappointed that there wasn't enough ass-hatery. Then as I listened (especially part 2) I noted some else. The Sunday Session has been going on so long that Justin was actually worried about those of your on Dial Up. Yes, Dial Up. Who the hell still has dial up? The Danielle farewell got me wondering how she is doing and why we never got the roving European reports we were promised???
Finally, I realized I had to thank Scott for the actual information he brought back. I forgot about the Yeast Whisperer and now I need to go back to listen to the portion on Oak aging as I am starting to into that avenue.

So in conclusion...thanks. But next time more ass-hatery...and beer información!!

Cheers!
VA_BeerGeek

Re: Best of Part 1 and 2

Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:15 am

There are still some remote areas that don't have broadband services. My in-laws have a place on Lake Superior shoreline and up until 4 months ago when Hughes Net came along with satellite service, they had dial up. In scarcely populated areas there isn't enough customers (revenue) to justify the investment in certain communication technologies and other infrastructure. The county they live in is classified by the BLM (Bureau of Land Management) as a frontier.
twitter.com/GentleCuntPunch

If you take what I post here literally, you're retarded. I'm here to fuck around, have a good time, and learn about beer. You mean nothing to me and I mean nothing to you.
Adam

Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:21 pm

I feel the need to point out some misinformation during Shea Comfort's yeast segment. Enzymes are absolutely NOT consumed during the reaction, as he stated regarding the use of Convertase to break down starches for wine yeast consumption. That being said, things like pH could be denaturing the enzymes present in the ferment, but they are not broken down by the reaction itself.
Spiderwrangler
PFC, Arachnid Deployment Division

In the cellar:
In the fermentor: Belgian Cider
In the works: Wooden Cider
spiderwrangler
Global Moderator

Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:45 pm

Adam wrote:There are still some remote areas that don't have broadband services. My in-laws have a place on Lake Superior shoreline and up until 4 months ago when Hughes Net came along with satellite service, they had dial up. In scarcely populated areas there isn't enough customers (revenue) to justify the investment in certain communication technologies and other infrastructure. The county they live in is classified by the BLM (Bureau of Land Management) as a frontier.

You don't even have to be that remote. you just have to have shitty service. I am 6 or 7 miles from the city center. However, because of the way my subdivision is laid out, our services only supply four houses. All services are poor quality and electricity goes out all the time, due to the frequent violent storms we have from February to Septemmber (four this week alone, but no tornadoes yet this year!). All four of us have given up on telephone and cable. The infrastructure is there, but the communication companies don't repair the lines in our little subdivision. Sad thing is, I get fantastic 4g reception which was better bandwidth than cable when I had it.

By the way, cable has been down on our street for 15 months and they are still trying to bill me. Suck it, Comcast.
Brandt

Return to Beer Radio