Jason Breatt from Lodi Brewing

Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:31 pm

I was in Lodi this week and stopped in to try one of Jason Breatt's beers at the Lodi Beer Company (The Session 12/8/07). I was told he no longer works there by the bartender. He said he left due to some disagreement . By the way the beer wasn't that good. They had a "German Amber Lager" on tap. When I asked the bartender if it was an Octoberfest , Marzen or Vienna Lager he said he'd never heard of those beers and they don't make them; he said they make a "German Amber Lager". I ordered some. Not that great. So does anyone know if Jason is still brewing somewhere? I was interested in trying one his beers using the Sarachi Ace hops.
Rails
On tap: Vienna Lager, Bock, Dunkel, Belgian Pale, Tart Cherry Mead, Cal Amber Ale, PPA (Peruvian Purple Ale), Smoked Caraway Rye Oktoberfest
Fermenting: Nothing right now
Drink Beer, Live Longer
Rails

Re: Jason Breatt from Lodi Brewing

Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:17 am

I have known Jason since we were teenagers, and have been fortunate to sample his brews from when he first started, to his current brews.

Last time I spoke with him, he is currently only brewing small batches at his home for private consumption. I haven't spoken to him in some time, however the last time I spoke to him, he was still teaching brewing classes at Beer Beer and More Beer in Concord, Ca.
dunekahn

Re: Jason Breatt from Lodi Brewing

Thu May 03, 2012 7:40 am

News about Jason Breatt- He has opened his own homebrew supply shop in Woodland, and is only a month or two from opening his own microbrewery. The brewery and homebrew supply shop are under one roof, and it is looking really good. Black Dragon Brewery and Woodland Homebrew Supply. Check it out at http://www.blackdragonbrew.com.
dunekahn

Return to Beer Radio