Recent show-Berliner Weiss?

Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:39 am

Hey BNers. I'm planning to brew a Berliner Weiss and remember hearing a brewery on a recent Session (late summer?) talk about the technique they used to brew their flagship Berliner Weiss. Anyone know either which brewery or which episode this was off hand? I'll probably just end up skimming through episodes on my own, but if anyone knows I'd appreciate the help. Thanks.
erikrocks

Re: Recent show-Berliner Weiss?

Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:29 am

Round Guys? Show was the end of September.
Spiderwrangler
PFC, Arachnid Deployment Division

In the cellar:
In the fermentor: Belgian Cider
In the works: Wooden Cider
spiderwrangler
Global Moderator

Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:15 am

Could be. I'll have to re-download and listen. Thanks.
erikrocks

Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:06 pm

You brew this one yet? I picked up the ingredients to brew it this weekend. Doing a lacto starter right now. Changing the ferment up a bit but using their grain bill.
Sergeant, East Cost
neckbeardbeer

Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:12 pm

I did a 60-40 pils to wheat grain bill, no boil, lacto starter. Let that sit for 3 days, then pitched Safale 04 English Ale yeast. I haven't tasted it since I pitched the ale yeast, so I should check on it in the next few days. I made a point to keep as much oxygen out of it and actually didn't get a a pelicle until after I pitched the ale yeast.
erikrocks

Return to Beer Radio