important shit requiring your attention.

Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:23 pm

Friends, I've not been the most active on the forums but there's something I posted on Facebook that needs your attention. So I will redundantly repost it here in hope that those of you who have half a large hart and a taste for foul meat will better understand why they need more Lunchmeet.

For the past decade, the brewing network has been teaching us how to brew better beer through their beer centric shows. Countless interviews with home brewers, pro brewers, award winning brewers and industry savants. Shows about beer styles, serving beer, drinking beer, beer flaws, souring beer, the list goes on and on.

Only a handful of my Facebook friends have nothing to do with the brewing network. You guys and gals are either on the shows or are fans of the podcasts. I have practically never sent out friendship requests. My list of friends slowly grew from shout outs sent my way by BN fans who would recognize bloberglawp as that familiar caller on the show.

The brewing network is now part of my life. It motivated me to learn more aboot the hobby, build my own electric brewery, build a temperature controlled fermentation chamber and keg my own beer. They are the reason I've been to California six times in the past seven years. I've made so many really good friends from my experience with the BN, it's ridiculous.

Over the years, my home brewing has been sporadic. Raising kids, owning a house and countless other obligations often hinder with my capability to brew more often. But still I listen to my favorite shows and try to catch them live when I can. Even if I'm not brewing, the entertainment and fun I get out of the shows is pure gold.

And here comes the sad part of my long winded message.

Lunchmeet, the funniest BN show there is, will cease to exist if we, the listeners, can't show our appreciation for all that the BN has given us. Lunchmeet is unique in the fact that it's not (yet) funded with ads or sponsors. It's also unique in that it's the show where you get to hang with these awesome jerkoffs you love, out of the beer context, out of the "job" mindset.

As fate would have it, Justin and Jason have turned these radio gigs into careers. Running around like headless chickens making sure we get the best content possible. Because of this, they have little interest in spending more time on air simply because we demand it. Thus the lack of new rancid Lunchmeet.

Over the past ten years there have been more than eighty episodes already published for our entertainment, free of charge. They have done their part, it's time we did ours. Last week a crowd funding was setup to save Lunchmeet. Ten thousands dollars isn't a small amount of money and may sounds like a lot for five episodes but really it's not aboot what we are getting, it's aboot what we already got.

Wouldn't it be appropriate to show our friends we don't think of them as monkeys with tiny accordions in a circus freak show?
Last edited by bloberglawp on Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
bloberglawp

Re: important shit requiring your attention.

Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:25 pm

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/brin ... eet#/story

If 1000 meet fans find it in their hearts to splurge $2 per show ($10) we will be presented new meet to enjoy.

Think aboot it.
bloberglawp

Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:33 am

bloberglawp wrote:https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/bring-back-lunch-meet#/story

If 1000 meet fans find it in their hearts to splurge $2 per show ($10) we will be presented new meet to enjoy.

Think aboot it.

I already sent 25. Plus I donate 5 a month. I'm kinda miffed that they haven't posted the last lumchmeet.
NervousDad

Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:45 pm

Nice post blober :unicornrainbow:
Come on people! Skip that next 6 pack and save Lunch Meet.
Gimme oysters and beer (and Durian) for dinner every day of the year...
mike____

Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:52 pm

What, do you work in a fucking hole in the ground or someth..... oh, wait.
:unicornrainbow:
-B'Dawg
BJCP GM3 Judge & Mead
"Lunch Meat. It's an acquired taste....." -- Mylo
BDawg

Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:32 am

I dropped a worthwhile $10 on it.
Insert beer quote of dubious origin here

Corporal - BN Army :bnarmy:
Military Finance Division
Charlotte, NC
KiltedDrummer

Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:51 pm

I'm totally considering getting a lunch meet tattoo if the show is brought back. Probably on the left butt cheek, to complement the hop grenade on the right
peas_and_corn

Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:45 pm

9 days left.
Come on people, cough up a few bucks.
Save a :unicornrainbow:
Gimme oysters and beer (and Durian) for dinner every day of the year...
mike____

Next

Return to Off Topic Stuff