Re: Motorcycle accident

Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:10 am

Day 96: Some exciting news: Jay is at Spectrum Neuro Rehab on Kalamazoo Ave just north of 44th St. He has had a breakthrough week in therapy. He's not talking but they have him answering yes/no memory questions with body language. Lean forward for yes, back for no... Mostly personal facts like Rachel's name, Lucas's age, color of his Jeep etc. In at least the two sessions that I know about, he batted 100% except for one thing, he didn't realize he had a birthday so he thought he was still 43. Amazing! He is sitting up in his therapy chair daily and they're working on helping him stand. He sleeps a lot. He still has clots in his shoulder and jugular, not sure if that's a threat or not. His left arm and leg have been better than his right, which is not very functional at all, but now his left side is relapsing some due to the brain trauma. Even so, he fed himself a few spoonfuls of ice cream this morning! This is the first he's been able to swallow since the accident. Definitely headed in the right direction, two steps forward one back, but better each day.
Lee

"Show me on this doll where the internet hurt you."

"Every zoo is a petting zoo if you man the fuck up."

:bnarmy: BN Army // 13th Mountain Division :bnarmy:
Ozwald
Global Moderator

Re: Motorcycle accident

Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:53 pm

Great news!
-B'Dawg
BJCP GM3 Judge & Mead
"Lunch Meat. It's an acquired taste....." -- Mylo