Mr. Malty Calculator

Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:16 pm

Hey BNers...

I'm planning on changing that useless Blackberry phone I have. I checked all the pros and cons and right now, my choice will be between the iPhone 5 and the Nokia Lumia 920 (or the HTC... not sure yet). My biggest problem is that the Mr. Malty Calculator is not available on the Nokia or HTC....

When looking at the Mr. Malty page, lots of link are not working anymore including the contact page so I have no idea if there's any plan to make it available on them.

Having the Mr. Malty Calculator working on it is almost a prerequesite.......

Anybody knows? Or know how I should send a message to Jamil (Who is probably too busy brewing beer at Heretic that I'll never have the chance to taste)? I sent Jamil email in the paste and still have his brewing network email but I think the answer may be faster here....)
"Drink Beer!" - Zakk Wylde
SocietyDweller

Re: Mr. Malty Calculator

Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:48 pm

Maybe he'll awnser you through the Heretic contact page? Just an Idea, or get in contact with a moderator who can pass the message on?

http://hereticbrewing.com/contact-us

cheers, Sak :aaron
Bottled: fresh hop pale ale
On tap: Moose bile strong ale
In the cellar: Taqu'il's Fat Black Imperial Stout
Lagering:
In the fermenter: Moose drool clone
In the works: Taqu'il's Fat Black Imperial stout
PorkSlapper

Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:52 pm

Might be able to ask if you can catch a live CYBI...
Stinkfist

Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:17 am

Don't HTCs run on android? The mr malty app runs on android - I had it in my HTC until I dropped it :-(
Kodos

Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:00 am

Kodos wrote:Don't HTCs run on android? The mr malty app runs on android - I had it in my HTC until I dropped it :-(

Not the Windows Phone 8X HTC. It's a Windows Phone 8. Same as the Lumia 920.
"Drink Beer!" - Zakk Wylde
SocietyDweller

Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:23 am

It isn't exactly the Mr. Malty app, but this windows phone app appears to have a pitching rate calculator http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f84/homebrewer-windows-phone-windows-8-a-365781/ . Since they should be based on fairly similar calculations, this *should* hopefully work just as well. I do not have a windows phone and thus cannot verify the quality of the app, though.
Beer. Bikes. Cosmic B-fields.
adamK

Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:06 pm

adamK wrote:It isn't exactly the Mr. Malty app, but this windows phone app appears to have a pitching rate calculator http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f84/homebrewer-windows-phone-windows-8-a-365781/ . Since they should be based on fairly similar calculations, this *should* hopefully work just as well. I do not have a windows phone and thus cannot verify the quality of the app, though.

Yeah... But I really prefer Mr. Malty. I sent an email today. Will see what's the answer. I'll post the answer here. Worst case I can still go with the iPhone 5.
SocietyDweller

Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:27 pm

Kodos wrote:Don't HTCs run on android? The mr malty app runs on android - I had it in my HTC until I dropped it :-(

gutters + being loaded + walking home with a half keg = broken HTC
BN Army Canberra Battalion, Oz Regiment
bbbilly

Return to Off Topic Stuff