Sandy is f'n with my lagers

Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:13 am

In order to prepare for the coming apocalypse due to Sandy, I had to take my lagers out of the chest freezer and use my chest freezer as an actual freezer...wtf? I guess my bock and vienna will get a nice d-rest...it's gonna get messy here, i just hope it doesn't take a week to get the power back on. Be safe everyone! :jnj Drew

ps-those throwbacks yesterday were awful...although they played well so i'm afraid we might see them again. Now if the nhl could get their head outta their ass, time to get the fellas back on the ice.
I'm enjoying my 6-pack....my 6-pack of Superbowl trophies!
twitter.com\@ajignatz
ajignatz@gmail.com
Steelers&Beer

Re: Sandy is f'n with my lagers

Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:40 am

I saw the uniforms and said "ha...the steelers are playing in their PJ's"

Isn't it close to lagering temps out your way anyways? I didn't empty my chest freezer but the spare carbohydrate are filled with water.
Sergeant, BN Army
R.I.P. Rat Pad ('05-'12)

Fermenter: Mayotoberfest
Kegged: Common, Cherry, & Apple Pie Ciders, Falconer Pale Ale, Strawberry Blonde
On Deck: German Pilsner, Chinookee Wookiee
TheDarkSide
Global Moderator

Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:20 am

Steelers&Beer wrote:Now if the nhl could get their head outta their ass, time to get the fellas back on the ice.

Crosby can probably use the extra time to get over his latest concussion.
Spiderwrangler
PFC, Arachnid Deployment Division

In the cellar:
In the fermentor: Belgian Cider
In the works: Wooden Cider
spiderwrangler
Global Moderator

Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:12 pm

Steelers&Beer wrote:In order to prepare for the coming apocalypse due to Sandy, I had to take my lagers out of the chest freezer and use my chest freezer as an actual freezer...wtf? I guess my bock and vienna will get a nice d-rest...it's gonna get messy here, i just hope it doesn't take a week to get the power back on. Be safe everyone! :jnj Drew

ps-those throwbacks yesterday were awful...although they played well so i'm afraid we might see them again. Now if the nhl could get their head outta their ass, time to get the fellas back on the ice.

Can you believe no one through the entire Steeler chain of command had a problem with those uniforms. The only good thing was that the game was not carried on TV (the networks thought I'dd rather see the Dolphins-Jets or Iggles-Falcons), and I had to listen on radio.
"Well...I woke up this morning, and I got myself a beer."
-Jim Morrison, "Road House Blues"
Guido

Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:21 pm

And I thought the Oregon Ducks had some nasty uniforms. They are tame compared to the Steelers yesterday. They give the Boise State field a run for it's money. I refuse to watch any Boise State home game because of the blue field.
Sqhead

Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:41 pm

I have several frozen soda bottles filled with water waiting for power loss to help maintain lager temps. Can be used in the freezer if needed.

My daughters said the Steeler's looked like a bunch of bumble bees. "Dad, it's so nice they dressed up in costumes for Halloween!"
Grid
Gridiron Brewer

Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:00 am

I still think the Skins should have been spotted a minimum of 7 points for having to play against those uniforms! (I know it wouldn't have helped with our "defense"...)

Hope everything went well with sandy!
"It's Ménage à trois. You and me and Heineken."

Sgt. ZZ; BN Army Air Corps

Let's Go Caps!
ZZ

Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:22 am

Hope everything is alright Sandy-wise. Maybe this will turn into one of those jacked up situations that somehow results in really good beer?

Agreed. The NHL/NHLPA need to get their crap together. Now that the baseball season is over, the week is empty.
andygravity

Next

Return to Off Topic Stuff