Re: Finally! She's movin' out!

Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:24 am

Congrats man, just went through something similar not too long ago. The single life is so much better than dealing with that crap.
Lee

"Show me on this doll where the internet hurt you."

"Every zoo is a petting zoo if you man the fuck up."

:bnarmy: BN Army // 13th Mountain Division :bnarmy:
Ozwald
Global Moderator

Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:26 am

Ozwald wrote:Congrats man, just went through something similar not too long ago. The single life is so much better than dealing with that crap.

+1 Been here done that...it sucks...especially where the kids are concerned. My daugther was 7 and my son was 10. They both watched as the X sucker punched me in the face, my son called the cops. My brother-in-law saved me from a man slaughter charge.

FREEDOM
Don't treat the kids any different, they need to know there is really still stability, and take the high road. Both mine now know who was at fault.

Too bad you couldn't have moved the kegerator in while she was still moving out, a poinient jab! LOL
Beer, what all good things are built upon!
Primary:
Lagering:
On tap: Wharfside Porter
On tap: Braw Jock
Planning: Sanguinity Amber Ale, Lauging Parrot Pale Ale, and Screaming Parrot IPA
brewindruid

Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:19 pm

Kids are always the tough part. That was my only saving grace & even though it still wasn't pleasant, at least we didn't have any kids to worry about.

My kegerator has always been within 15' of the couch, but at least now I don't have some alcoholic bitch draining my good stuff in a day or two. Man that reminded me of a story. I don't drink the hard stuff too often so I don't mind spending money on some good whiskey from time to time. We stopped at the liquor store & she got 2 5ths of cheap vodka & rum. I bought a $150 bottle of Irish whiskey. She had 1 gone the first night, never saw what happened to her 2nd bottle (probably hidden in the trash the same night), but about 4-5 days later I was taking out the trash & saw a familiar cork. She killed the whole bottle of my whiskey before I even got a taste of it. Bitch.

Just goes to show that sometimes life is better without them. I don't know what your particular circumstances were, but since you sound happy about it, cheers brotha! Enjoy the good life for a while.

:pop
Lee

"Show me on this doll where the internet hurt you."

"Every zoo is a petting zoo if you man the fuck up."

:bnarmy: BN Army // 13th Mountain Division :bnarmy:
Ozwald
Global Moderator

Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:06 pm

Ozwald wrote:Kids are always the tough part. That was my only saving grace & even though it still wasn't pleasant, at least we didn't have any kids to worry about.

My kegerator has always been within 15' of the couch, but at least now I don't have some alcoholic bitch draining my good stuff in a day or two. Man that reminded me of a story. I don't drink the hard stuff too often so I don't mind spending money on some good whiskey from time to time. We stopped at the liquor store & she got 2 5ths of cheap vodka & rum. I bought a $150 bottle of Irish whiskey. She had 1 gone the first night, never saw what happened to her 2nd bottle (probably hidden in the trash the same night), but about 4-5 days later I was taking out the trash & saw a familiar cork. She killed the whole bottle of my whiskey before I even got a taste of it. Bitch.

Just goes to show that sometimes life is better without them. I don't know what your particular circumstances were, but since you sound happy about it, cheers brotha! Enjoy the good life for a while.

:pop

Killing your $150 bottle of whiskey without your knowledge is grounds for divorce all by itself I think.

Glad to hear things are looking up for you SnowCapt
HoozierDaddy

Previous

Return to Off Topic Stuff