Re: Short leave of absence

Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:29 pm

TheDarkSide wrote:Congrats!!! Now you'll probably be M.I.A. for a few more weeks, huh? :mrgreen:

probably around 936 of 'em! :shock:
snowcapt

Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:39 pm

I should be back to the Session soon. Need to catch up on podcasts though, as I'm about a month behind.

Allison is a very good baby so far. Very little fuss. Way less than our son whom had colic for 3 months. She sleeps a few hours, then is up for an hour or so, then wants to be put back to sleep. Wife and I are getting a routine set. She catches the night shift so I can sleep (I work 4pm-midnight), then I get up at 8am-ish with the kids and take care of them while my wife gets a good rest until about 1pm. Then we get housework done together and I head off to work. So far so good. Hardest part of a newborn is getting them to know the difference between night and day. First month is all eat, sleep, poop. The second month is where it's easy to "train" them on schedules.
twitter.com/GentleCuntPunch

If you take what I post here literally, you're retarded. I'm here to fuck around, have a good time, and learn about beer. You mean nothing to me and I mean nothing to you.
Adam

Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:58 am

My wife and I have a 9 week old and a 3 year old and the hardest part for us is getting everything back into a routine. It didn't take the youngest very long to adjust to night and day and he is sleeping 4-5 hours at a time right now, so we are considering ourselves lucky. Our daughter had to have the longest lasting case of colic. I swear she was 5 months before it went away. With our son, he started to show some signs of colic, but we had to switch to a new formula($$$), the colic hasn't materialized, so I guess the $150 a month in formula equals out to not having colic.

I have 2 days off next week and I am knocking out an Alt and a Pale.

Congratulations!
Llama, taboot, taboot

PFC Great Lakes Division
Taboot

Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:48 am

Yeah, colic is nasty stuff. Hard to deal with and will test the reserve of a parent.

My mother and stepfather are up from Wisconsin for the week, so him and I are going to have our first brewing session together. I'm brewing a dunkelweizen extract kit and will probably pick up another hefeweizen kit later in the week and brew that as well. Got to get the factory going again.
twitter.com/GentleCuntPunch

If you take what I post here literally, you're retarded. I'm here to fuck around, have a good time, and learn about beer. You mean nothing to me and I mean nothing to you.
Adam

Previous

Return to Off Topic Stuff