Re: I'd like to try scotch...

Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:33 am

maltseeker wrote:If you take a small swipe around the neck of the bottle after pouring with your finger

How does one pour with a finger? I've asked for a 3 finger pour before, but.... :lol:
Lee

"Show me on this doll where the internet hurt you."

"Every zoo is a petting zoo if you man the fuck up."

:bnarmy: BN Army // 13th Mountain Division :bnarmy:
Ozwald
Global Moderator

Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:20 pm

maltseeker wrote:Not that it is part of the question but my vote for bourbon is Knob Creek.

I also like Bullit as well.
I killed a zombie and ate it's brains. That's how I became the Zombie King.
Billy Klubb

Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:23 pm

I've become quite the Scotch fiend since I started this thread. There's a place down the street from my meager student apartment that has an extensive scotch menu, so I go there on monday nights, do homework, and have a dram or two while I mooch their wi-fi.

So far, I've really enjoyed Island malts the most, it seems. The Highland Park 12 and 15's were both pretty good, though the 15 was head and shoulders above. Talisker 10...holy shit! That stuff was amazing for such a young Scotch!

I've also been dipping my toe into the Islay malts, since a lot of my FB scotch-drinking friends have recommended them. I bought a bottle of Ardbeg 10 (which is fantastic), and I plan to start building something of a collection here after a while. My next bottle will likely be the Talisker 10, possibly Highland Park 15. I may get a Macallan, right now I'm trying to get an expression from every major Scotch region.

Maltmadness.com is a great website, if any beginners are looking to follow in my footsteps. Not only do you get the rundown on just about every aspect of Scotch, you get a massive list of "Bang for your Buck" expressions that I've been sorta living by. Plus, I've got the benefit of Blobbie and a few other FB friends to give me suggestions.

Any more recommendations for me, as far as other regions go? And hell, while we're at it, someone mentioned bourbons, let's talk about those too. I'm from the south, bourbon should come as second nature.
JakeAndBake

Previous

Return to Off Topic Stuff