It is currently Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:11 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Arts Crafts and Beer
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:45 am 

Hello Crafty Beer Drinkers of the World!
I've been doing a few fun crafts with my beer, and I mean all of it! I wanted to share some of the things I have been making, and maybe see a few things some other BN members have been doing.
To start I made a onesie for Beevo that I gave her at BNA6, I wanted to bring this one up first b/c I regretfully forgot to take a photo of it. It's a black onesie that says on the front "Aspiring DOTW" with a hop granade/pasifier/gold chain necklace on front.
Keeping up with the 'kiddy' theme, I made a stuffed animal, a little pink elephant named Elenore the drunken elephant. Originally I was going to crochet her a butt hole so I could insert whole freash hops. The intent was to take the hops and put them into a small amout of tights and tie each end off so it looks like a small round ball of shit. (The hops were ment to be inside of Ellie so you could smell them while you slept. On a past episode of The Sunday Show someone had said that it can give you funky dreams... still havn't tried it.)
Meet Elenore!

Post subject: Re: Arts Crafts and Beer
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:50 pm 

oh yea, hop pillows are awesome.

Post subject: Re: Arts Crafts and Beer
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:09 am 

Here was one of my favorite projects, I took the beer labels off my glass bottles and glued them onto my tv trays. (This is called decopauge.) I soaked my bottles in my bath tub, peeled the labels off, let them dry and glued them using modpodge. To finish I used Delta Ceramcoat gloss interior varnish... this one works well and your cups and such will not stick to your finished product. My first attempt I used a Elmers varnish and it ruined the tray. :(
However! These ones turned out nice if I say so myself.
I like this project because I feel it is a great way to display my beers with out any clutter.