T minus 48 hours...

Tue Jul 05, 2005 8:29 am

How is the new site coming along? DId you know the homepage doesn't display correctly in I.E.? Everything in the page is jumbled up together in the middle of it. It displays ok in Firefox, but not IE.
Triple Freak

Re: T minus 48 hours...

Tue Jul 05, 2005 10:20 am

Triple Freak wrote:How is the new site coming along? DId you know the homepage doesn't display correctly in I.E.? Everything in the page is jumbled up together in the middle of it. It displays ok in Firefox, but not IE.

It looks OK to me in IE. And speaking of forum homepages, the B3 forum got hit with a virus last week. I thought they might have it back up by now, but so far, no joy.
"Make beer not war"

Currently fermenting: Firestone Walker Pale 31 clone
Conditioning: Nothing
On draught: Nothing

Watch episodes of BYOB TV: http://www.kofytv.com/byob-tv/archive/
BeerPal

Tue Jul 05, 2005 1:12 pm

I've heard more excuses from B3's forum than Carter has liver pills. I was told it was moving to a new server, now you say it was hit by a virus, etc. At this point they've pissed me off to the point that I won't be returning to it. Their web guy sucks. Period. End of story.
Triple Freak

Wed Jul 06, 2005 12:47 pm

For anyone having problems in IE with the main page Being all squashed together the fix is to hold down Ctrl and then use the scroll wheel on your mouse to make the text larger or smaller.
spddrcr

Wed Jul 06, 2005 7:38 pm

What I was told about the B3 forum is that there is a huge hole in the security for the phb system or something like that, and they are waiting for a new updated version of the software, since the main store site is on the main server they have to move it and all this mumbo jumbo. That was on sunday when I was down at B3, and apparently the problem what just figured out then they pulled the site so not to have potential problem with their main site. Go easy on them they sell beer stuff, not work on computers, I would be a lot more pissed if this was happening on a microsoft bulliten board.

Kevin
Have torch will travel

Check out my brewery.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/marketfixr94519/my_photos
marketfixr

Thu Jul 07, 2005 12:04 am

excellent point marketfixr
Brewcaster J

Thu Jul 07, 2005 3:36 am

It is always funny when something like this happens to microsoft.
A very silly place... http://yarnzombie.net/Travis/

Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza.
-Dave Barry
Lufah

Thu Jul 07, 2005 8:34 am

Yes, security is their biggest concern. Anyone having online transactions should be as careful as morebeer.com is being. Their first rule is that all transactions are 100% safe at all times. While they have never had any security issue for transactions (the transaction processing actually happens on yet another super secure server and has no contact with any of the forum stuff), there are lots of hackers out there trying to mess up every high traffic PHPBB forum. What sparked this quick move was the announcement on a French security site of yet another vulnerability in PHPBB. This of course had them concerned. I can understand this 100%. I wish my bank was as focused on my security. :wink:

I know as a customer I'd be annoyed if the forum was down, but I'd be really angry if I couldn't browse for products and order stuff. So, I think it is a very wise move to add another server to the mix to ensure that one feature/process is not able to take another one down.

Yes, the tranfer and set up is taking a little longer than they planned for a couple reasons. One was the 4th of July weekend. Not much can get done while that is happening, though Chris did work through the weekend and got the new server up and running. The other is that the entire forum needed to be moved to the new server and there were some slight data tweaks needed.

I've been given access to the new server, so I'll be able to fix more stuff as issues arise, which will always happen. Hopefully, I'll be able to respond quick enough to keep people from getting angry.

It shouldn't be long now. It maybe up as soon as this afternoon. Testing is happening to make sure everything transfered over with no problems and that everything is secure.

JZ
jamilz

Return to Support