Re: email

Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:00 pm

zee wrote: 'rat pad' is one of them

Well, you're missing out. I seem to recall a recent discussion of email subscriptions to forums and threads.
BrewTa2
Global Moderator

Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:03 pm

zee wrote:yar, i know that, but there are loads of threads that i look at once and don't care to look at again. sorry to say it, but 'rat pad' is one of them. i can't keep all the ones i don't want to look at in my brain.

Well, then "bookmark" them. Then you can get to them from your user control panel. That's what I do for the NSFW threads, so I can see boobies - safe at home.

Mylo
"Life is too short to bottle homebrew." - Me

"HEINEKEN? Fuck that shit! Pabst Blue Ribbon!!!" - Dennis Hopper, in Blue Velvet
Mylo
Global Moderator

Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:25 am

i don't know that i can use this forum. it sucks, but i basically keep track of other forums using the email feature. when a new thread is created in a forum that i want to follow i check it out and subscribe.

this forum emails me sporadically, and as lame as it sounds, i just don't have time every day to come here and check it.

the bookmark thing is a good suggestion, but it doesn't work all that well for me since i'm constantly working on different computers. i do use google bookmarks, but adding all the threads in there [and never deleting them in case someone finds and ressurects] is just going to get messy really fast.
zee

Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:33 am

Bookmarks are stored on the server with your profile. I bookmark all the youtube clips (prevented at work), and watch them when I get home.

Justin has set up a new complaint department with the rollout of the BN 2.0. Feel free to leave your comments here.

Mylo
"Life is too short to bottle homebrew." - Me

"HEINEKEN? Fuck that shit! Pabst Blue Ribbon!!!" - Dennis Hopper, in Blue Velvet
Mylo
Global Moderator

Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:01 am

MyloFiore wrote:Bookmarks are stored on the server with your profile. I bookmark all the youtube clips (prevented at work), and watch them when I get home.

Justin has set up a new complaint department with the rollout of the BN 2.0. Feel free to leave your comments here.

Mylo

thats odd, my boss has the same complaint department. they must have some sort of synergy or partnership going on.
Cheers!
Tavish
---------------------------------------------
An empty kegerator is a crime against humanity. -Dirk McLargeHuge
Milk is for babies. When you grow up you have to drink beer. - Arnold Schwarzenegger
Where the fuck is the BACON???????? - Bdawg
tavish2

Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:55 pm

MyloFiore wrote:Justin has set up a new complaint department with the rollout of the BN 2.0. Feel free to leave your comments here.

hmmm. have you been looking for an excuse to use that site? seemed a bit like premature ejaculation on your part. either that or you have some anger management issues. :asshat:
zee

Previous

Return to Support