Sun Dec 04, 2005 6:41 am

I agree with what has been said.

Just turn off guest posting and also enable image verification for registration. For the image verification, GD must be installed on the server, but it probably is already.

I'm guessing Jamil knows how to do all of the required changes, but if he needs help, I'll reinstall phpBB on my local machine and post screenshots or somethnig.

By the way, if there is some bug in the current forum that won't allow for the necessary changes to occur, I'd be willing to donate a vBulletin license I have to TBN.

VBulletin is a bit trickier to administer, but at the same time it is a lot more powerful. Also, it'd allow you to propagate all of your old posts from phpBB.

- joe
trans

Wed Dec 07, 2005 6:51 pm

Sorry for the delay, work is just insane right now.

I changed the configuration so that it requires people to type in a code to register.

I set up all the forums (except for Support) so they can be read by anyone, but they require logging in to post. The reason I didn't change the Support forum, is in case people having trouble registering need help.
I hope my post helped in some way. If not, please feel free to contact me.

Jamil Zainasheff
http://www.mrmalty.com

"The yeast is strong within you." K. Zainasheff
jamilz

Wed Dec 07, 2005 7:01 pm

Thanks Cardinal Jamil.
A very silly place... http://yarnzombie.net/Travis/

Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza.
-Dave Barry
Lufah

Wed Dec 07, 2005 7:30 pm

Can you set it so Justin cant post anymore?
Three out of four people make up 75% of the worlds population.

Sean's Brewery & House of Ill Repute
seanhagerty

Previous

Return to Support