Re: Secret Santa 2014!

Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:53 pm

Figured I should report in. I received mine. According to the tracking the package I sent out was delivered 1/20. It was a little late, but I hope RanchCat actually received it.

I haven't tried the stuff I received yet. I was waiting for an opportunity to try it with another homebrewing friend.
1beerbaron

Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:35 pm

spiderwrangler wrote:Hooked up normal, you're just venting and pressurizing and venting the headspace and not affecting the liquid contents.

good point I'll give it a shot here soon.
Nasty Nate

Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:31 pm

EagleDude wrote:
spiderwrangler wrote:77% reported sent, 58% reported received.

Sweet!!! We just need to get to 99% and then I'll get my shipment of brew.

87 % reported sent, 71% reported received.

After the track record you've had, I made SURE that you weren't gonna get left out in the cold. However, your SS has some attention span issues and I'll probably have to poke him to make sure he hasn't forgotten.... poke, poke if you're reading this, [censored].
Spiderwrangler
PFC, Arachnid Deployment Division

In the cellar:
In the fermentor: Belgian Cider
In the works: Wooden Cider
spiderwrangler
Global Moderator

Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:23 pm

spiderwrangler wrote:
EagleDude wrote:
spiderwrangler wrote:77% reported sent, 58% reported received.

Sweet!!! We just need to get to 99% and then I'll get my shipment of brew.

87 % reported sent, 71% reported received.

After the track record you've had, I made SURE that you weren't gonna get left out in the cold. However, your SS has some attention span issues and I'll probably have to poke him to make sure he hasn't forgotten.... poke, poke if you're reading this, [censored].

Heh.... I wonder who that may be? :asshat:
"A bad man is a good man's job, while a good man is a bad man's teacher."
brewinhard
Global Moderator

Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:34 pm

brewinhard wrote:Heh.... I wonder who that may be? :asshat:

:crazybitch:
Spiderwrangler
PFC, Arachnid Deployment Division

In the cellar:
In the fermentor: Belgian Cider
In the works: Wooden Cider
spiderwrangler
Global Moderator

Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:04 pm

Sent in early January. Haven't received yet.
SouthHouseBrew

Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:15 pm

South House I loved your sour, waiting for the saison to condition then i'll let you know. I loved the packaging, kept it for next year's SS.
Dump bad beer, don't give it to your friends
cascadiabrewer

Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:16 am

breslinp wrote:Drinking my last Secret Santa beer this snowy day in the mid-Atlantic. A quick shout out to EagleDude for brewing some tasty beers.

The blonde was super crushable. Very clean fermentation. I liked the single use of Amarillo which gave it a simple orange/tangerine note. Nice choice for a session beer.

I drank the porter thinking it was my 3 year old Quad :oops: I figured it out a couple days later. It made a lot more sense as I did not understand what happened to the body in my Quad. I remember it went down easy and my friend gave me compliments on it :P

I just finished up with the Flanders. The only other Flanders I've had was Monk's . I enjoyed this one much better. The acetic acid was much more subdued and balanced in your beer. It had a more pronounced malt presence and I got subtle notes of chocolate. I would def drink another one. The fact that you have a 60 gallon barrel going is quite impressive. Keep up the good work.

Image Image

Cheers.

Thanks for the feedback!! I plan to have a keg of the flanders at NHC this year. I bet the porter was a weird tasting Quad ... lol.
Eagle Dude

On Tap: Barrel Fermented Berlinerweisse 3.2%; American Pale Ale 6.3%, Amarillo Blond 5%
Aging: Flander's Red in a 60 gallon Merlot barrel
Fermenting: Robust Porter 6.5%
EagleDude

PreviousNext

Return to General Beer Related