Secret Santa 2014!

Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:20 am

Hey all, it's getting to be the time of year to start thinking of signin up for another year's holiday beer exchange. Sign up for the Brewing Network 2014 Secret Santa Exchange by PMing me by 11:59PM PST on November 24th. Last year we had a lot of signups, and while there were a few deadbeats (now populating the Naughty List), the vast majority did eventually send beer. Entry is open to BNers in good standing (ie, not on the Naughty List) that are active members of the BN community. I'll be compiling names and address from now until November 24th, and distributing shipping information to all participants. Hopefully with a cut off at the end of November, people will have PLENTY of time to get it shipped out before the end of December.

Make sure you have beer on hand to send, minimum should be 22oz (though more is definitely recommended/appreciated!). The focus is on sending homebrew, but feel free to send commercial stuff that your recipient can't get in their home state. If you are sending commercial, please use http://www.seekabrew.com to compare your states and distributions. Few things are as disappointing as waiting months to get a mystery package, and opening it to find the same damn stuff you just bought at the corner store and is sitting in your fridge.

If you haven't shipped before, there is info elsewhere on the forum, or a summary can be posted in this thread. Chime in if you have any questions, and remember to message me your shipping info. If you did SS 2011, 2012, or 2013, I have your info as long as it hasn't changed in the past three years.
Spiderwrangler
PFC, Arachnid Deployment Division

In the cellar:
In the fermentor: Belgian Cider
In the works: Wooden Cider
spiderwrangler
Global Moderator

Re: Secret Santa 2014!

Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:21 am

I've realized I do a better job at organizing this than I do in participating (just ask Eagledude... :roll: ), so I may be sitting this one out as a sender/receiver.
Spiderwrangler

In the cellar:
spiderwrangler
Global Moderator

Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:37 am

spiderwrangler wrote:I've realized I do a better job at organizing this than I do in participating (just ask Eagledude... :roll: ), so I may be sitting this one out as a sender/receiver.

It was my homebrew beer and cider, wasn't it that turned you off from doing this? Go ahead...I can take it.
Sergeant, BN Army
R.I.P. Rat Pad ('05-'12)

Fermenter: Mayotoberfest
Kegged: Common, Cherry, & Apple Pie Ciders, Falconer Pale Ale, Strawberry Blonde
On Deck: German Pilsner, Chinookee Wookiee
TheDarkSide
Global Moderator

Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:00 pm

So, what do we do? Tell you here? I'm in.
Klickitat Jim

Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:16 am

You know it's time for SS when the last person from last year just finally got their bottles.
Lee

"Show me on this doll where the internet hurt you."

"Every zoo is a petting zoo if you man the fuck up."

:bnarmy: BN Army // 13th Mountain Division :bnarmy:
Ozwald
Global Moderator

Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:41 am

Klickitat Jim wrote:So, what do we do? Tell you here? I'm in.

Following the fucking instructions would be a good start. :P

spiderwrangler wrote:Sign up for the Brewing Network 2014 Secret Santa Exchange by PMing me by 11:59PM PST on November 24th... remember to message me your shipping info.
Spiderwrangler

In the cellar:
spiderwrangler
Global Moderator

Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:42 am

TheDarkSide wrote:
spiderwrangler wrote:I've realized I do a better job at organizing this than I do in participating (just ask Eagledude... :roll: ), so I may be sitting this one out as a sender/receiver.

It was my homebrew beer and cider, wasn't it that turned you off from doing this? Go ahead...I can take it.

Nah, yours was JUST FINE.
Spiderwrangler

In the cellar:
spiderwrangler
Global Moderator

Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:25 pm

Count me in!!!! ... I love the punishment and the prolonged anticipation. This year's wait was well worth it.
Eagle Dude

On Tap: Barrel Fermented Berlinerweisse 3.2%; American Pale Ale 6.3%, Amarillo Blond 5%
Aging: Flander's Red in a 60 gallon Merlot barrel
Fermenting: Robust Porter 6.5%
EagleDude

Next

Return to General Beer Related