Re: Shameless Plea

Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:35 pm

Bad Brewing is just...bad too. This is the one brewery in Michigan that epitomizes a homebrewer turned pro who probably wasn't a good homebrewer. I have never seen my wife dump a beer until...a whole growler of IPA down the drain. I only bought the growler because they have a cool logo. They must have that small town clicking like crazy out there on dial up Internet.
Effingbeer

Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:40 pm

I appreciate everyone taking the time to hit up that poll. We got on board a bit late in the game for it, so it it is what it is. I am working on some sour mash based beers on my homebrew system. Anyone with some experience with it?

Mills
:bnarmy:
Sergeant: BN Army - Michigan Brewing Division

I've been pounding Chad's Dunkel all night.

- Doc

Twitter: @adammmills Follow me, yo!

http://thosewhocantteachbrew.blogspot.com
Mills

Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:08 pm

Mills wrote:I appreciate everyone taking the time to hit up that poll. We got on board a bit late in the game for it, so it it is what it is. I am working on some sour mash based beers on my homebrew system. Anyone with some experience with it?

Mills

Mills,
Just wanted to point out I haven't seen this on Twitter(or you or Craknkers for a while). That's what those whacky FSU kids are using these days.
Effingbeer

Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:26 pm

If I make it out to NHC next year I will definitely make sure to put you guys first on the list :jnj
Afterlab

Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:46 pm

Bad won the poll. Hopefully they can use the money saved to buy better ingredients or fermentation control or buy recipes from some forum junkie. Seriously and selfishly, I hope they do well and the beer gets better. It's not that far from me and it's a cool place in a nice Michigan town and I have heard they are good people.

Eagle Monk in Lansing supports my local club and after a year have really dialed in a few excellent beers. Some are still not so great, but it is an awesome place to have a couple pints. The staff including the owners are very personable and participate in the community.

Mid Michigan especially the Lansing area is still behind on the craft beer scene, I hope they finally get some bleed over from GR, Detroit, and Ann Arbor. For god's sake, it's an agricultural area! Grow it and brew it!
Effingbeer

Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:42 pm

Even though we didnt win, we got enough votes to be visited by the writer, so we should get some press from it. Thanks everyone!

Mills
Mills

Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:45 pm

Good! You might put pants on for the writer's visit. :wink:
"Mash, I made you my bitch!" -Tasty
Dirk McLargeHuge
Global Moderator

Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:13 pm

Dirk McLargeHuge wrote:Good! You might put pants on for the writer's visit. :wink:

Nah...do put on airs for no one!!!

FOREVER IN NO PANTS!! :mrgreen:
Sergeant, BN Army
R.I.P. Rat Pad ('05-'12)

Fermenter: Mayotoberfest
Kegged: Common, Cherry, & Apple Pie Ciders, Falconer Pale Ale, Strawberry Blonde
On Deck: German Pilsner, Chinookee Wookiee
TheDarkSide
Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Beer Related