NHC 2nd round recipe submission

Fri May 24, 2013 11:54 am

The recipe isn't considered in anyway with placing in the final round is it? My OG and SG are at the upper and lower limit of the style making the abv higher than the listed range in the back guidelines. No worries right?
EllisTX

Re: NHC 2nd round recipe submission

Fri May 24, 2013 12:45 pm

You really only need to submit your recipe if you take a gold medal in the final round. Which for me will most likely not happen. Therefore, you will have lots of time to submit your recipe if you do take that first place spot in the nation.
"A bad man is a good man's job, while a good man is a bad man's teacher."
brewinhard
Global Moderator

Fri May 24, 2013 1:28 pm

Thanks for the reminder, I've gotta edit my entries. I wonder if its open until the checkin deadline
Bokonon

Fri May 24, 2013 2:28 pm

Cool. Thanks brewinhard. Maybe I won't submit the recipe unless the stars align and I have to.
EllisTX

Fri May 24, 2013 3:18 pm

They like to have all the information for gold medalists very quick after NHC because they are up against a publishing deadline for the hardcopy production of Zymurgy.

When you win a gold medal you will be contacted by interns or others that work for the magazine. They will want your photo, story (if you win a major award too) and recipe right away. I think I had a couple weeks to turn things around for them (by mid July).

I waited to input my recipe because I am kind of lazy >>> I have to type it from my old school lab book that I like to use. I don't type at all. I like non-electronic records because they dont get killed by viruses and such. Once I won the gold medal, things went really quick as far as AHA needing my input items.

Shouldn't be a big deal if you are ready to turn it around for them. They want you to look good in the magazine.

That being said, I am unsure how the AHA is using the new software forms. Frankly, the software is a pain in the ass to input recipes because it assumes everything is a beer. Us mead and cider doodz are shit out of luck.
Corporal, BN Army
On Tap: Whatever IPA, Oat Stout, Cider, Citra-Mosaic Hopped Cider, Cherry Cider.
Aging: Black Currant Lambic, Oud Bruin, Eng B-wine, 65gal barrel of scabby 3rd runs w/Rosalare-Lacto Brux -we just call T.E.D.
BrewChoPs

Fri May 24, 2013 3:45 pm

Wow, I never knew it was actually required. Goes to show how much I pay attention to comp rules/regs.
Lee

"Show me on this doll where the internet hurt you."

"Every zoo is a petting zoo if you man the fuck up."

:bnarmy: BN Army // 13th Mountain Division :bnarmy:
Ozwald
Global Moderator

Return to General Beer Related