Re: Double Wheat Suggestions

Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:04 am

It is actually pretty easy to figure out the gravity increase from the sugar addition. Sugar is pretty much 100% fermentable. It will add 46 pppg. Since you added 2 pounds, you added 92 gravity points. You divide that by the volume of wort in the fermenter. Assuming you had 5 gallons, this would give you 18.4 points or an increase of 0.0184 over the OG you had at the time you first pitched your yeast. Just use that revised OG when you compute attenuation and %ABV figures.

Wayne

Bugeater Brewing Company
http://www.lincolnlagers.com
Bugeater

Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:54 am

s-hop, I thought of a small dose of Simcoe to bitter and relatively higher dose of Citra and / or Sorachi Ace, flavor and fragrance ends about 40-45 IBUs. Do you think that the fresh wheat beer hops Lemon Pledge might be a good combination. Or at least a learning experience ...
DM613

Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:04 am

I'm not sure it would work if you add sugar after fermentation begins. I assumed that the severity of the tests after 24-36 hours of fermentation (when I added sugar) would not give me an accurate reflection of gravity. Maybe I'm wrong on this? Any ideas would be appreciated.
DM613

Previous

Return to Extract & Partial Mash Brewing