Re: Adding fruit to wheat beer...What? When? How?

Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:45 am

thanks for the tips, ill let everyone konw what i decided on and how it came out
Fermenting: empty
Keg: amber ale and cream soda
Bottled: none
Up Coming Brews: possible peach wheat, Okonokos Orange IPA, Mocha Milk Stout, Solly's Red Arrow Ale
poohbaah85

Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:10 am

Well the beer has been finished for a few weeks now, but I was trying not to drink them too fast to be sure they were 100% finished.

The batch turned out quite well overall. I was surprised at how much the beer ended up tasting/feeling like a Belgian Wit. The sugars from the fruit must have fermented out too because it ended up being about 6.5% instead of the expected 4.5%.

The only problem I really noticed, is that it is a bit sour. But not unpleasantly sour. The strawberry and rhubarb are faint, but present.
On tap: Thick-Witted Wit
In Primary: Mmmmilk Stout
In Secondary: Soggy Pumpkin Ale
On Deck: Arrogant Bastard Clone

"People who drink light beer don't like the taste of beer...they just like to pee alot."
IndianaPaleAle

Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:00 pm

the sour is probably from the rhuebarb, but it sounds great!
My wife used to call me an alcoholic, so I started brewing beer. Now I have a hobby, and I'm a beer enthusiast, not an alcoholic.
Crinkle

Previous

Return to Extract & Partial Mash Brewing