My first beer turned into a Lambic

Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:42 pm

I started brewing beer about a year ago, and I still have a couple bottles left of my first batch. My first batch wasn't bad, but I didn't filter the water so I could taste a hint of the chlorine.
It was a B3 Extract kit (light Ale) that came with the hardware kit, dry yeast and all. Last time I cracked a bottle of this beer was about 6 months ago, and that bottle at that time tasted still like an ale. Today I cracked the thired to last bottle, and to my surprize it was now a belgium beer. I'm guessing this bottle was somehow infected, but I'm not kidding when I say this beer taste like a very nice sour beer. It's not overwhelming, just slightly sour, and it was the first beer of that batch I opened and it was WELL carbinated. It's completely clear now, no chlorine taste at all. This beer spent two weeks at room temp, then the rest of it's life in the bottom of my 40 F fridge. The beer is warming as I type, I can't wait to taste it while warmer.

Cheers, Klaus.
Klaus

Return to Extract & Partial Mash Brewing