Re: S'more Stout....... anyone?

Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:03 pm

CaptainMorgan04 wrote:Alright guys,
Thanks for the ideas. I tweaked what I had originally and am going to brew this up next week. According to tastybrew.com, the numbers all work out. Anyone have any last minute ideas or words of wisdom? Here is what I got.

OG 1.053
FG 1.013
IBU 30
ABV 5.2 %
SRM 50

Fermentables
% Weight Weight (lbs) Grain Gravity Points Color
10.0 % 1.00 British Two-row Pale 5.7 0.5
10.0 % 1.00 American Black Patent 4.2 100.0
5.0 % 0.50 American Special Roast 2.5 4.0
10.0 % 1.00 American Chocolate 4.4 70.0
10.0 % 1.00 Canadian Honey Malt 4.5 5.0
5.0 % 0.50 German Smoked 2.8 0.9
20.0 % 2.00 Light Dry Malt Extract 13.5 0.8
30.0 % 3.00 Meadowfoam Honey 15.8 0.9
10.00 53.3
Hops

% Wt Weight (oz) Hop Form AA% AAU Boil Time Utilization IBU
100.0 % 0.50 Galena Pellet 11.7 5.9 60 0.052 30.2

Secondary
10 Cocoa powder (or nibs)
2 Cinnamon sticks (baked to sanitize)
2 ½ tsp Vanilla extract.

How did it turn out?? I am interested in making one, and intrigued by the meadowfoam honey.
mattmartin3053

Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:29 am

Hardcore wrote:A local brewery makes a a'mores stout and they add Graham crackers into the mash and chocolate bars and marshmallows into the boil.I haven't had it yet but people were raving about it

Are you sure you would want graham crackers in your beer? Just take a look at the history of the graham cracker.

Back around 1830 there was a guy named Sylvester Graham who was some sort of nutrition scientist pf the time. He promoted the use of a type of whole grain flour that he developed (obviously Graham flour) for it's heath properties. To get folks to actually eat the stuff he also developed the Graham cracker. This supposedly had all sorts of health benefits. First, it would stop the craving for alcohol. Leading it to be promoted as a cure for alcoholism. Second, it would help stop those nasty sexual desires, a way to stop promiscuity.

Now, are those really properties you want in your beer??? A beer that stops you from drinking beer and getting laid????? :lol:
Bugeater Brewing Company
http://www.lincolnlagers.com
Bugeater

Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:17 pm

Bugeater wrote:
Hardcore wrote:A local brewery makes a a'mores stout and they add Graham crackers into the mash and chocolate bars and marshmallows into the boil.I haven't had it yet but people were raving about it

Are you sure you would want graham crackers in your beer? Just take a look at the history of the graham cracker.

Back around 1830 there was a guy named Sylvester Graham who was some sort of nutrition scientist pf the time. He promoted the use of a type of whole grain flour that he developed (obviously Graham flour) for it's heath properties. To get folks to actually eat the stuff he also developed the Graham cracker. This supposedly had all sorts of health benefits. First, it would stop the craving for alcohol. Leading it to be promoted as a cure for alcoholism. Second, it would help stop those nasty sexual desires, a way to stop promiscuity.

Now, are those really properties you want in your beer??? A beer that stops you from drinking beer and getting laid????? :lol:

Damn Bug!

My wife has been serving me those for years. Son of a bitch!!!! :)
"A bad man is a good man's job, while a good man is a bad man's teacher."
brewinhard
Global Moderator

Previous

Return to Favorite Beer Recipes & Styles