Re: New Shows Not Showing up in iTunes?

Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:39 pm

Brewcaster J wrote:Hi Everyone!

Just thought I should jump on here, what with being accused of not caring and all (which by the way makes me just want to say fuck you NervousDad, but I won't do that. At least not officially).

I do apologize for the feed problems lately, but believe it or not, they have been somewhat out of my control. Here's some info:

1. The shows do not takes weeks to load. If that is happening to you, it's user error. The feed us kept up to date weekly and is currently up to date.
2. iTunes is actually the culprit for your missing archives. They decided they didn't like me giving you 11 years of shows in one feed, so they started fucking with it. The only fix I could make at this time was to remove old shows from the feed so that you can keep getting the new ones.
3. All the archives still live on the website and are free to download. I realize the website is not optimized for this, but I am working on that.
4. There is a chance you will never get all 11 years of shows in the feed again if I can't sort out this iTunes issue, but again, the current ones are there. This is a very standard format for podcasts that have been around awhile by the way.
5. Thank you for your time.

Cheers!
J

So is that how the feed for listening live is being streamed (iTunes)? I know the app hasn't been working for several weeks but figured it was an app issue, but I just checked the live stream from a computer and that is not working as well? You mentioned 'feed' above but I am talking about the live-stream, not downloading via iTunes etc...
philllybeergeek

Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:36 pm

Can you create a "Vintage Session" feed separate from the new episode feed?
Ranger, BN Army - Danish Division
BIAB brewer
mer-man

Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:39 pm

Anyone else having problems getting older shows? Specifically before July 2015. I've been trying to catch up and made it as far as May 2006 (I know, there's a lot to catch up on) and all of a sudden itunes isn't showing anything before July 2015.
monostout

Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:46 pm

monostout wrote:Anyone else having problems getting older shows? Specifically before July 2015. I've been trying to catch up and made it as far as May 2006 (I know, there's a lot to catch up on) and all of a sudden itunes isn't showing anything before July 2015.

Yeah.
code
codewritinfool

Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:42 am

monostout wrote:Anyone else having problems getting older shows? Specifically before July 2015. I've been trying to catch up and made it as far as May 2006 (I know, there's a lot to catch up on) and all of a sudden itunes isn't showing anything before July 2015.

If you look at the replies just above yours, you'll see what the issue is. The show has such an extensive archive at this point that the services we all use to listen to the podcasts can't support it. It isn't as convenient, but you can still play them from the website on your smart phone.
Brewshki

Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:40 am

It sucks but it's out of J's hands and he said the shows are all on the BN website so download them and put them in iTunes and go along. Everyone "pre everything automatic so I don't have to work for something" will be able to figure out how to download from the website and put them in iTunes.

If you can figure out how to download from the BN website, Google how to download files.

It's annoying but there are ways to get the content.
Twah

Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:04 pm

Twah wrote:It sucks but it's out of J's hands and he said the shows are all on the BN website so download them and put them in iTunes and go along. Everyone "pre everything automatic so I don't have to work for something" will be able to figure out how to download from the website and put them in iTunes.

If you can figure out how to download from the BN website, Google how to download files.

iTunes doesn't store our show content, they never did. They simply point to an XML file. Listen to them on the website for now. This problem is being worked on, so relax and have a homebrew.
code
codewritinfool

Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:40 pm

codewritinfool wrote:
Twah wrote:It sucks but it's out of J's hands and he said the shows are all on the BN website so download them and put them in iTunes and go along. Everyone "pre everything automatic so I don't have to work for something" will be able to figure out how to download from the website and put them in iTunes.

iTunes doesn't store our show content, they never did. They simply point to an XML file. Listen to them on the website for now. This problem is being worked on, so relax and have a homebrew.

Not sure if someone's already posted this, but I was just able to figure out a way to pull the old shows into OverCast on iOs. I just added the url for the RSS feed (http://thebrewingnetwork.com/sundayshow_test.xml) and was able to listen to a 2007 podcast in the app.
pennegr

PreviousNext

Return to The Sunday Session