Weissbier

Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:52 am

Any and all, I am a hefe, dunkel, weizenbock junky. Leave the hop grenade brews in the keg and wheat it out conditioned in a bottle, the way it should be. I could honestly brew these styles of beer for the next year and I wouldn't be upset at all. I love them. 3068, 3638, wlp351/380 fan. And I will be honest, on most days I am ready to crack one open by 11:00am on a daily. However there is always an argument about water/pH, mashing methods, fermenting, pitching rates, carbonation, and conditioning methods. I prefer the results with double decoction mashing with an acid rest to a protein rest decocted, to sacc, another decoction, to a true 20 min mash out. I don't mind a 6 hour brew day from dough in to the fermenter. I need to hold more experiements on fermentation temps, and truly chart my progress through the procedures. I also need to find a BJCP cert judge near by to taste my brews...
jjeffers09

Re: Weissbier

Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:18 am

Welcome
-B'Dawg
BJCP GM3 Judge & Mead
"Lunch Meat. It's an acquired taste....." -- Mylo
BDawg

Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:36 am

Welcome to the forum!

Do you have any delicious Weizenbock recipes you would care to share? I have made several but have yet to nail one that I find amazing.
"A bad man is a good man's job, while a good man is a bad man's teacher."
brewinhard
Global Moderator

Tue May 28, 2019 2:58 am

I wish you success! You love what you do and it's great! :unicornrainbow:
Liam

Return to Favorite Beer Recipes & Styles