Re: The Brewers Code

Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:27 pm

Ozwald wrote:
spiderwrangler wrote:
junderwood wrote:One of the BN sponsors caught up in shit this week and in huge violation of brewers code if you ask me. Moonlight showing their real colors, not cool, whata shame

No clue what you are talking about.

Something to do with necro'n threads.

wtf is necro'n

Got a glimpse at an article tthat'll probably post up within the next few weeks about this shit, made me sick.
What did Fairbrother keep blabbing about with Justin the last time he was on the BN on the 21st? They mentioned his whole deal with Sam Adams and their utopian vs utopias similar name issue claiming "I wouldn't have done this... if I hadn't gotten permission" and "we would never [wrongfully use] their name without their permission". and how he hates the fact that others don't show the same professionalism or ethics or whatever, and how he's gotta spend time watching his own trademark laughing at finding other wineries and meaderies he feels that play off his romance by the glass trademark, telling everyone to "get their own idea"...

Righteous guy who has a point right? I guess he doesn't practice what he preaches because I got wind that a name he is planning on using for a new mead he has coming out, prob that Bad Apple he mentioned on the BN, was already trademarked by someone else. Fairbrother tried buying the trademark a few months ago but he was turned down cause the company has a steady product under that brand name. Sure enough, Fairbrother i guess said fuck it, i'm using it anyway. The owner of the trademark is piiiiiisssed from what I heard, saying that we would never had thought he would still try using his trademarked name after the conversation they had when he turned them down to sell.

the whole idea of how hypocritical and fake this makes him look really disappointed me, i used to like that guy but now its like, who knows what to believe out of him, playing us like fools.
junderwood

Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:07 am

junderwood wrote:Got a glimpse at an article tthat'll probably post up within the next few weeks about this shit, made me sick.
What did Fairbrother keep blabbing about with Justin the last time he was on the BN on the 21st? They mentioned his whole deal with Sam Adams and their utopian vs utopias similar name issue claiming "I wouldn't have done this... if I hadn't gotten permission" and "we would never [wrongfully use] their name without their permission". and how he hates the fact that others don't show the same professionalism or ethics or whatever, and how he's gotta spend time watching his own trademark laughing at finding other wineries and meaderies he feels that play off his romance by the glass trademark, telling everyone to "get their own idea"...

Righteous guy who has a point right? I guess he doesn't practice what he preaches because I got wind that a name he is planning on using for a new mead he has coming out, prob that Bad Apple he mentioned on the BN, was already trademarked by someone else. Fairbrother tried buying the trademark a few months ago but he was turned down cause the company has a steady product under that brand name. Sure enough, Fairbrother i guess said fuck it, i'm using it anyway. The owner of the trademark is piiiiiisssed from what I heard, saying that we would never had thought he would still try using his trademarked name after the conversation they had when he turned them down to sell.

the whole idea of how hypocritical and fake this makes him look really disappointed me, i used to like that guy but now its like, who knows what to believe out of him, playing us like fools.

Which one? Avery or Two Towns? Seems suspicious. The artwork is very similar to the 2 Towns. Maybe it's because there are already a couple out there? I'd like to hear an explanation.
Effingbeer

Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:47 pm

Effingbeer wrote:
junderwood wrote:Got a glimpse at an article tthat'll probably post up within the next few weeks about this shit, made me sick.

Which one? Avery or Two Towns? Seems suspicious. The artwork is very similar to the 2 Towns. Maybe it's because there are already a couple out there? I'd like to hear an explanation.

Not sure what company it is butm looks like it was true and WAS about Bad Apple, moonlight took everything about it down including the label art he had up on fb, didn't take anything off their twitter though which is weird

time to "come up with your own thing" like he said on the BN.

even if he does explain himself at this point i don't believe a word he says anymore. if he does I'm sure it would be either claiming they had no knowledge of the existing trademark which is bullshit, or some other stereotypical business like umbrella excuse
either way he just lost all credibility and made himself look stupid
Last edited by junderwood on Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
junderwood

Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:02 pm

I'm still going to give him the benefit of the doubt. Especially if it looks like he did the right thing and killed it BEFORE they went on sale. Hey, everyone makes mistakes, some even intentional. The big guys, the little guys make them. In a business loopholes can be lucrative-for instance if there are a few bad apples out there already, why not one more? Who has the right to defend a trademark by then?
I'd still like to hear his side of the story. Maybe just to learn from someone else's life lesson.
Effingbeer

Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:27 pm

Effingbeer wrote:I'm still going to give him the benefit of the doubt. Especially if it looks like he did the right thing and killed it BEFORE they went on sale.

Theres a difference between doing the right thing and being MADE TO do the right thing after getting caught and receiving a cease and desist letter from the trademark owners attorney. practice what you preach is all I'm sayin
junderwood

Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:57 pm

junderwood wrote:
Effingbeer wrote:I'm still going to give him the benefit of the doubt. Especially if it looks like he did the right thing and killed it BEFORE they went on sale.

Theres a difference between doing the right thing and being MADE TO do the right thing after getting caught and receiving a cease and desist letter from the trademark owners attorney. practice what you preach is all I'm sayin

So which of the companies do you work for? :lol:
Spiderwrangler
PFC, Arachnid Deployment Division

In the cellar:
In the fermentor: Belgian Cider
In the works: Wooden Cider
spiderwrangler
Global Moderator

Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:19 am

The Moonlight Meadery label:

Seems like they corrected the issue even before it was an issue. I'd say Michael adhered to the Brewer's Code. Unless of course a red apple is trademarked.
Sergeant, BN Army
R.I.P. Rat Pad ('05-'12)

Fermenter: Mayotoberfest
Kegged: Common, Cherry, & Apple Pie Ciders, Falconer Pale Ale, Strawberry Blonde
On Deck: German Pilsner, Chinookee Wookiee
TheDarkSide
Global Moderator

Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:35 pm

This is Michael, when I learned about the trademark, the DAY that I did, I submitted a surrender request to the TTB.

Now it should be noted the TTB changed how the COLA searches work, to just include submissions from the prior month. So while it could be claimed I didn't double check my search results, I did hit search, and I made a mistake.

What should be noted is that Wildlife Winery, has the first recorded usage of "Bad Apple" that predates 2 Towns Ciderhouse, by 8 months.

SUCK IT, this statement:
"Fairbrother tried buying the trademark a few months ago but he was turned down cause the company has a steady product under that brand name."

Is 100% false check where your wind blows from, some times the wind blows foul.

The facts: in a matter of minutes I sent two emails to 2 Towns Ciderhouse, one prior to finding what I did wrong on the TTB search, and the second one a minute or two later saying that I had no desire to use "Bad Apple" and I would surrender the COLA. Both of which were prior to any emails from 2 Towns Ciderhouse.
gr8nhbrewer

PreviousNext

Return to General Beer Related