Re: Introducing a new meadery

Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:29 pm

spiderwrangler wrote:I'd be more inclined to if you'd been an active part of the forum community, instead of just popping in for self promotion.

Just my $0.02. Stay involved, and I may change my view... but I'm just some guy, and I do wish you well in your venture.

I apologize for any misconceived intentions here of only popping into the forum for self promotion. I have been a long time listener/fan of the BN. Long enough to know you spiderwrangler and how long of an active member you have been both on the show and on the forum.

I have called into the show in the past, and was the one who donated Moscow the "dull and dirty penny" after the bit about him stealing a listener's donation to the brewcasters.

Long story short, no, I have not been active on the forums post wise. But like others who have been a "long time listener, first time caller", I have been a frequent visitor of the forum as well as a supporter of the BN, just have been more of a silent member of the community.

Just as most other listeners feels like a part of the BN family in their own way, I felt that posting up about my meadery would have been more well-recepted. But I understand your reaction. From non-donating listeners, to active members on this forum, we are all on the same boat and a part of the same community.

I will be playing a much bigger part in supporting the BN in the very near future with the success of my meadery, and was hoping to have the BN army behind me.

I wish my participation with the BN was more obvious other than relying on number of posts on the forum. But again, I understand the reaction.
smoutela

Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:48 am

For anyone who didn't hear it, Melovino had an advertisement on the session last night. Good luck with your kickstarter campaign.
maxwell

Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:57 am

smoutela wrote:I wish my participation with the BN was more obvious other than relying on number of posts on the forum. But again, I understand the reaction.

Yes, posts aren't always a reliable measure, just look at all the :asshat: that post all the time and don't contribute anything of value. :P

maxwell wrote:For anyone who didn't hear it, Melovino had an advertisement on the session last night. Good luck with your kickstarter campaign.

Yup, I heard that to. Them boys from Jersey are OK by me. Consider my view changed.
Spiderwrangler
PFC, Arachnid Deployment Division

In the cellar:
In the fermentor: Belgian Cider
In the works: Wooden Cider
spiderwrangler
Global Moderator

Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:01 pm

spiderwrangler wrote:
smoutela wrote:I wish my participation with the BN was more obvious other than relying on number of posts on the forum. But again, I understand the reaction.

Yes, posts aren't always a reliable measure, just look at all the :asshat: that post all the time and don't contribute anything of value. :P

The only post counts I care about are 1 & 2. After that it really doesn't matter. There's a lot of forums out there where your post count is some strange badge of honor or something which I never understood.

spiderwrangler wrote:
maxwell wrote:For anyone who didn't hear it, Melovino had an advertisement on the session last night. Good luck with your kickstarter campaign.

Yup, I heard that to. Them boys from Jersey are OK by me. Consider my view changed.

I dislike change.

I think the original post would've gone over a little smoother if it was worded more like a listener, new to the forum & going pro. When it reads like an ad it doesn't sit too well with most of the regulars here. Welcome to being involved in the asshattery instead of just enjoying it silently. If you have any degrading Spidey jokes, don't withhold them. It may seem like a good idea at first, but it's really not.
Lee

"Show me on this doll where the internet hurt you."

"Every zoo is a petting zoo if you man the fuck up."

:bnarmy: BN Army // 13th Mountain Division :bnarmy:
Ozwald
Global Moderator

Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:44 pm

Ozwald wrote:
spiderwrangler wrote:

I think the original post would've gone over a little smoother if it was worded more like a listener, new to the forum & going pro. When it reads like an ad it doesn't sit too well with most of the regulars here. Welcome to being involved in the asshattery instead of just enjoying it silently. If you have any degrading Spidey jokes, don't withhold them. It may seem like a good idea at first, but it's really not.

I appreciate the retraction and asshattery! You're all douchebags, but I love ya all.

As for the "tone" of the original post, I agree with you Oz. I should have known better than to get all "commercial" with you guys. I forgot this is the type of forum where telling someone to suck it is a compliment ;)

With that said, this was a great poppin of the cherry into some forum participation finally. Feel at home already, lmao.
smoutela

Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:23 pm

smoutela wrote:I appreciate the retraction and asshattery! You're all douchebags, but I love ya all.

As for the "tone" of the original post, I agree with you Oz. I should have known better than to get all "commercial" with you guys. I forgot this is the type of forum where telling someone to suck it is a compliment ;)

With that said, this was a great poppin of the cherry into some forum participation finally. Feel at home already, lmao.

Welcome, Suck it, And send us some fucking mead.

:asshat:
-B'Dawg
BJCP GM3 Judge & Mead
"Lunch Meat. It's an acquired taste....." -- Mylo
BDawg

Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:58 pm

BDawg wrote:
smoutela wrote:I appreciate the retraction and asshattery! You're all douchebags, but I love ya all.

Welcome, Suck it, And send us some fucking mead.

:asshat:

Pledge a couple ah two or tchree dollaz to my KS and help me make some!

That's how I should've written my first post.

Speaking of, if you guys think of any good ideas for some better rewards on the KS campaign, write the first one you think of on a piece of paper because I know it will be a smart-ass remark! Then post the next one here.

Really wanted to offer some bottles in some of the rewards, but they're real sticklers with their guidelines especially with alcohol related campaigns, so that was a no go.

Always open to ideas to improve the incentives in helping us fund this KS and get started with our first commercial batches.
smoutela

Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:04 pm

my opinion of this thread?

wordy, and poorly thought out!
MoRdAnTlY [Mr. Wolf '91 - '12]

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, olny the frist and lsat ltteers need be at the rghit pclae. Tihs is becsuae the hamun mnid deos not raed evrey lteter by iteslf, but the wrod as a whloe.
mordantly

PreviousNext

Return to Mead & Cider