Re: The Brewing Network Android App

Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:49 pm

Listed to the show tonight while driving home from Monterey. Seems to play, pause for soem time then play again. Largest continuous play was about 7 minutes. Sometimes I had to go back in and lick the pause button, which indicated it was still playing, to resume playing. It never lost the show just paused and resumed where it left off. I am guessing it was interrupted (preempted) by some other process.

Was not unhappy with it just would prefer not to have to go back into the phone and kick start it.
"Despite the high cost of living, it still remains popular"
jomebrew

Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:11 pm

jomebrew wrote:Listed to the show tonight while driving home from Monterey. Seems to play, pause for soem time then play again. Largest continuous play was about 7 minutes. Sometimes I had to go back in and lick the pause button, which indicated it was still playing, to resume playing. It never lost the show just paused and resumed where it left off. I am guessing it was interrupted (preempted) by some other process.

Was not unhappy with it just would prefer not to have to go back into the phone and kick start it.

Yea, this is a known issue, I have some of the solution done, but I'm currently short on time, and stuck on a metadata problem, which while not critical, I get stuck on one issue, and obsess.Maybe I should move on for now (it would add "Current Episode").

I'll make a build from the current source soon, though today I shorted my motherboard, so I'm doing dev on my laptop for a week or so before rebuilding. Thank god for source control and bitbucket.

Thanks for all the feedback guys. If anyone wants to take a stab at the problem of metadata, or serviceizing the media player, it would be cool, if not, I'll get it soon. I also need to completely re-write the buffering and playback method to fix the pausing. I have a plan, just looking for the time ;)
The Complex Brewery

Member: AHA, Corporal BN Army.
Equipment: 50qt Cooler MLT, 15gal Brew Kettle, The Dark Star Burner, 2 Tap Kegerator, Immersion Chiller
Surye

Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:40 am

I'm thinking about getting the Samsung Captivate if the reviews turn out good so this is awesome as I can't listen at work as the stream is blocked.

How much data would you guys estimate listening to a whole session eats up?
BN Army Sergeant
Chaz

Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:04 am

I am hoping to get on the Android App Inventor beta. That might make it easier.

I downloaded the SDK but lost steam trying to figure out what the heck it all is. I hack applications ins perl, shell scripting, javascript, etc. Was hoping I could somehow "get" the development environment and make an Android app. No magic happened yet. I would take, compile and hack at your source though. Maybe I have some yeasty beer induced moments of lucidity.
"Despite the high cost of living, it still remains popular"
jomebrew

Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:46 pm

Downloaded this yesterday when I got my Droid Incredible. Painless download and fired right up. Easier than the iPhone app when I first installed it! To the developer, good job!
BN Army Ranger - Gulf Coast Brigade: Laissez Les Bon Biers Roulez! Swamp Water Brew

Baghole Dude, let's go bowling.

And as always, No animals were harmed during the creation of this post.
smurfe

Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:11 pm

Nice, I was thinking about doing something like this myself, but I would rather help out on an existing code base - Thanks!

-Rob
null

Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:46 am

I loaded the BN app on my Droid X and also have the problem with it stopping. Any estimate on an update? Also, slightly off topic, what brewing apps does anyone recommend? I just loaded Brewzor however haven't played with it yet.
Ranger, West Point - Hessian Lake Division
Hessian Lake Brewing
Hessian Lake

Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:17 am

RommelMagic wrote:I loaded the BN app on my Droid X and also have the problem with it stopping. Any estimate on an update? Also, slightly off topic, what brewing apps does anyone recommend? I just loaded Brewzor however haven't played with it yet.

I'm listening on the BN app on my regular droid and it hasn't stopped yet. How long did you go before it stopped? Steve Jobs said the Droid X also has issues with the Death Grip....wah.

I have Brewzor and the only other brewing app I have on my Droid is BJCPDroid, which is the style guide. Nice to have it at your fingertips. I tend not to brew with my Droid since I'm confident it will end up in the brew kettle.
Sergeant, BN Army
R.I.P. Rat Pad ('05-'12)

Fermenter: Mayotoberfest
Kegged: Common, Cherry, & Apple Pie Ciders, Falconer Pale Ale, Strawberry Blonde
On Deck: German Pilsner, Chinookee Wookiee
TheDarkSide
Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Beer Radio