Re: fucking feelings again. sorry.

Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:14 pm

The key to feelings is that you should keep them inside.
You can't just bitch about them like a girl.

You let them build up and fester and when the opportunity presents itself, you take action.

For example:

And now I am at peace with J.

Oh yea and we talked.
olllllo

Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:25 pm

Love that picture!
"Mash, I made you my bitch!" -Tasty
Dirk McLargeHuge
Global Moderator

Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:31 pm

JP wrote:Those guys were trying to putt a lot of weight on the fact that they make beer. Why?

they were putting too much social value on the fact that they make beer. Part-Time. At home.

Not charged up but these 2 go hand in hand. I feel (fucking feelings) the same way SCH does about this. No, it's not about the video, it's about the "just beer" sentiment.

Brewing at home. Part time.... is exactly why "they" put so much value on it. I work a lot of fucking hours and I go to school full time. And I have a wife and 4 kids. When I make an outstanding beer (to me at least), I'm VERY proud of it for the simple fact that I DON'T get paid to do it. I HAVEN'T had formal training. I DON'T get the opportunity to work in the business day in and day out...constant exposure to people, ideas, equipment, festivals, radio...whatever.

No, I brew beer (and good beer) and study beer like SCH does. It's my relief from the rest of the world (since I'm not in the industry). It makes me feel (fucking feelings) very accomplished that I can create those works with grass seeds, flowers, and controlled infections. Professional brewers are brewers. Home brewers are business-people, day care providers, construction workers, code writers. So when I can drink a beer I made and like it much more than a commercial example of a similar style, then yes, I place a HUGE value to that.
Primary: Nada Damn Thing IPA
Secondary: ESB
Kegged: Jack Schittenweiss
BigNastyBrew

Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:00 pm

straight cash homey wrote:I heard that blanket statement, its just...., in reference to another thing that i was interested in a few years ago and it still pisses me off to this day. so when i hear people say "it just this", i get my panties all twisted up again. again sorry about the feelings, this will be my last feelings post for a long long time, as I have had enough of them.
Try Haines Boxer-Briefs, they is some comfortable shit...
D Rock
D Rock

Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:33 am

They might help... I'm just sayin'.
Corporal, BN Army

"It's a lot like being drunk."
"What's wrong with that?"
"Ask a glass of water..."
-Douglas Adams
Dubba_Brew

Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:52 am

BigNastyBrew wrote:
JP wrote:Those guys were trying to putt a lot of weight on the fact that they make beer. Why?

they were putting too much social value on the fact that they make beer. Part-Time. At home.

Not charged up but these 2 go hand in hand. I feel (fucking feelings) the same way SCH does about this. No, it's not about the video, it's about the "just beer" sentiment.

Brewing at home. Part time.... is exactly why "they" put so much value on it. I work a lot of fucking hours and I go to school full time. And I have a wife and 4 kids. When I make an outstanding beer (to me at least), I'm VERY proud of it for the simple fact that I DON'T get paid to do it. I HAVEN'T had formal training. I DON'T get the opportunity to work in the business day in and day out...constant exposure to people, ideas, equipment, festivals, radio...whatever.

No, I brew beer (and good beer) and study beer like SCH does. It's my relief from the rest of the world (since I'm not in the industry). It makes me feel (fucking feelings) very accomplished that I can create those works with grass seeds, flowers, and controlled infections. Professional brewers are brewers. Home brewers are business-people, day care providers, construction workers, code writers. So when I can drink a beer I made and like it much more than a commercial example of a similar style, then yes, I place a HUGE value to that.

I suppose because I do the same things you do - without the kids and wife part - and I don't really think it is a special enough thing to crow about, that I say it's just beer. It was never meant to de-value the act of home brewing, it was just to bring those specific people in the video back to earth. Sorry if I offended anyone who makes beer at home. But I bet that if someone who made quilts at home and had the same time contraints as you do would be getting the business over saying "I am a quilter".

I may work in the beer industry, but my work is selling equipment and doing web stuff, ad copy, etc. It's not like I'm brewing 3 times a day at work. So I understand that people are passionate about homebrewing - that is what I love about this hobby - all I was trying to do was to make people realize that they should relax, that we aren;t changing the world. Homebrewing has changed my life, and I support it and the people that do it. I just don't want to be preached to.
Kick Rocks,
MajorJipp
JP
Global Moderator

Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:20 am

Sent From My iPhone

Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:35 am

:lol:
"Mash, I made you my bitch!" -Tasty
Dirk McLargeHuge