Beer Forum

This is a forum for enlisted and new recruits of the BN Army. Home brewers bringing it strong! Learn how to brew beer, trade secrets, or talk trash about your friends.
https://www.thebrewingnetwork.com/forum/

NHC 2016

https://www.thebrewingnetwork.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=32988

Page 4 of 4

Re: NHC 2016

Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:10 pm
by brewinhard
Indy results are in!

Nervous Dad, you crushed it! Good showing. Wish you the best in the final round. I only got one through this year. Old ale took a gold. Tough region this year. Congrats to all who placed!

Re: NHC 2016

Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:30 pm
by TheDarkSide
Congrats guys!

Re: NHC 2016

Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 2:22 am
by NervousDad
brewinhard wrote:Indy results are in!

Nervous Dad, you crushed it! Good showing. Wish you the best in the final round. I only got one through this year. Old ale took a gold. Tough region this year. Congrats to all who placed!


Thanks and congrats to you as well. I was pretty shocked that those beers placed in the IIPA and American Ale categories. I'll have my work cut out for me to place in the final round though.

:jnj

Re: NHC 2016

Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:25 am
by brewinhard
Do you plan on rebrewing them?

I was a little disappointed my lagers didn't make it through as I thought they were pretty solid, but at least I won't have to rebrew anything which can be tough to nail the second time around sometimes.

Re: NHC 2016

Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:09 pm
by NervousDad
brewinhard wrote:Do you plan on rebrewing them?

I was a little disappointed my lagers didn't make it through as I thought they were pretty solid, but at least I won't have to rebrew anything which can be tough to nail the second time around sometimes.



I definitely need to be rebrew, I originally brewed them mid January. I'm going to do 2 IIPAs and pick the best one. The Brown and Amber ale I'm going to just rebrew once. I hope they come out okay.

Re: NHC 2016

Posted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:32 am
by brewinhard
Man, those are big categories. Did you enter any of those in the All American beer comp in Cinci?

Re: NHC 2016

Posted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:09 am
by NervousDad
brewinhard wrote:Man, those are big categories. Did you enter any of those in the All American beer comp in Cinci?

I entered all English Ales for that competition :) I only entered these in the NHC and Wizard of Saaz. And I entered my brown ale in the drunk munk. (I'm trying to follow the midwest home brewer circuit, but I missed a few of the competitions)

All times are UTC - 8 hours
Page 4 of 4