Re: NHC 2016

Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:32 pm

brewinhard wrote:Interesting.

I got my scoresheets via email and was hoping that they are going to mail out the medals, but we shall see. I will be a bit disappointed if they don't get medals out. Let me know if you get anything soon. Congrats on your wins!

My medals came today.
NervousDad

Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:56 am

Photo from the AHA email announcing the opening of registration for the NHC. Are they trying to indirectly support the Brewing Network club in response to the CotY rule change, or are they saying that EarzUp should replace Terrence with Kim Wood? (that is Kim Wood, right?)

Insert beer quote of dubious origin here

Corporal - BN Army :bnarmy:
Military Finance Division
Charlotte, NC
KiltedDrummer

Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:04 am

KiltedDrummer wrote:Photo from the AHA email announcing the opening of registration for the NHC. Are they trying to indirectly support the Brewing Network club in response to the CotY rule change, or are they saying that EarzUp should replace Terrence with Kim Wood? (that is Kim Wood, right?)

JP's wife is so cute in this picture. She looks like a little girl that's seen Minnie or Elsa at Disneyland for the first time. Man, JP is becoming the face of The BN.

Got my conference ticket, booked flight and have hotel accommodations. Is it June yet?
Sergeant, BN Army
R.I.P. Rat Pad ('05-'12)

Fermenter: Mayotoberfest
Kegged: Common, Cherry, & Apple Pie Ciders, Falconer Pale Ale, Strawberry Blonde
On Deck: German Pilsner, Chinookee Wookiee
TheDarkSide
Global Moderator

Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:51 pm

I think Minnie was winning an award, she's a big brewer. Heavy drinking is the only thing that helps deal with that big eared ass of a husband and his retarded dog friend (with the grabby hands). Unfortunately, all her beers have a distinct mouse taint...

Does Goofy look down on Pluto for being a poor example of the species?
BN Army : Cannon Fodder Division

"Risk of failure should be no deterrent to trying"
NateBrews

Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:30 am

Well I missed out on entering beers but I am going to my first NHC. Any body have any good plans outside of the convention? I'm down in Baltimore quite a bit so I know of a few good spots.
Brewswanger

Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:58 am

The Orioles are there until Wednesday night. I'm not getting there until Friday morning...prior family event scheduled.
Sergeant, BN Army
R.I.P. Rat Pad ('05-'12)

Fermenter: Mayotoberfest
Kegged: Common, Cherry, & Apple Pie Ciders, Falconer Pale Ale, Strawberry Blonde
On Deck: German Pilsner, Chinookee Wookiee
TheDarkSide
Global Moderator

Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:32 pm

NervousDad wrote:

I got my scoresheets via email and was hoping that they are going to mail out the medals, but we shall see. I will be a bit disappointed if they don't get medals out. Let me know if you get anything soon. Congrats on your wins!

My medals came today.

Good to know, as I have yet to get anything in the mail yet.

On a more solemn note, I got a call the other day from Indy saying that out of my 5 entries sent in to NHC to be judged for the first round, 3 of my entries each had one bottle either rupture/leak. WTF? I have been shipping beers for years to comps all over and have not had this happen in a very long time. Damn UPS!

Anyway, Jeff (head steward) was able to calm my worries and said they could judge using only one bottle, but if those entries make it to mini BOS, then I am stuck with a re-capped sample being poured. Hopefully they drink those first round beers quickly!
"A bad man is a good man's job, while a good man is a bad man's teacher."
brewinhard
Global Moderator

Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:39 pm

brewinhard wrote:
NervousDad wrote:

My medals came today.

Good to know, as I have yet to get anything in the mail yet.

On a more solemn note, I got a call the other day from Indy saying that out of my 5 entries sent in to NHC to be judged for the first round, 3 of my entries each had one bottle either rupture/leak. WTF? I have been shipping beers for years to comps all over and have not had this happen in a very long time. Damn UPS!

Anyway, Jeff (head steward) was able to calm my worries and said they could judge using only one bottle, but if those entries make it to mini BOS, then I am stuck with a re-capped sample being poured. Hopefully they drink those first round beers quickly!

Ouch! Good luck, I'm sure they'll be fine for Mini BOS I just hope they don't take a large pour.
NervousDad

PreviousNext

Return to Beer Events