Re: NHC 2016

Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:10 pm

Indy results are in!

Nervous Dad, you crushed it! Good showing. Wish you the best in the final round. I only got one through this year. Old ale took a gold. Tough region this year. Congrats to all who placed!
"A bad man is a good man's job, while a good man is a bad man's teacher."
brewinhard
Global Moderator

Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:30 pm

Congrats guys!
Sergeant, BN Army
R.I.P. Rat Pad ('05-'12)

Fermenter: Mayotoberfest
Kegged: Common, Cherry, & Apple Pie Ciders, Falconer Pale Ale, Strawberry Blonde
On Deck: German Pilsner, Chinookee Wookiee
TheDarkSide
Global Moderator

Sat Mar 19, 2016 2:22 am

brewinhard wrote:Indy results are in!

Nervous Dad, you crushed it! Good showing. Wish you the best in the final round. I only got one through this year. Old ale took a gold. Tough region this year. Congrats to all who placed!

Thanks and congrats to you as well. I was pretty shocked that those beers placed in the IIPA and American Ale categories. I'll have my work cut out for me to place in the final round though.

:jnj
NervousDad

Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:25 am

Do you plan on rebrewing them?

I was a little disappointed my lagers didn't make it through as I thought they were pretty solid, but at least I won't have to rebrew anything which can be tough to nail the second time around sometimes.
brewinhard
Global Moderator

Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:09 pm

brewinhard wrote:Do you plan on rebrewing them?

I was a little disappointed my lagers didn't make it through as I thought they were pretty solid, but at least I won't have to rebrew anything which can be tough to nail the second time around sometimes.

I definitely need to be rebrew, I originally brewed them mid January. I'm going to do 2 IIPAs and pick the best one. The Brown and Amber ale I'm going to just rebrew once. I hope they come out okay.
NervousDad

Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:32 am

Man, those are big categories. Did you enter any of those in the All American beer comp in Cinci?
brewinhard
Global Moderator

Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:09 am

brewinhard wrote:Man, those are big categories. Did you enter any of those in the All American beer comp in Cinci?

I entered all English Ales for that competition :) I only entered these in the NHC and Wizard of Saaz. And I entered my brown ale in the drunk munk. (I'm trying to follow the midwest home brewer circuit, but I missed a few of the competitions)
NervousDad

Previous

Return to Beer Events