Re: Boulevard Tank 7

Wed May 18, 2011 3:25 am

I bought a 4 pack of the Tank 7 last weekend in Alabama. I thought it was very good, and even reminded me of Orval (without the hefty price tag).
http://www.sceneembargo.com/Media/Music ... dy_Blades/
Greatest Band Ever! Download MP3s at site above.
passlaku

Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:11 pm

I really do enjoy Tank 7, one of my favorite siasons. No Saison-Brett, but still a great beer. After being really impressed with it, I got Double Wide and was disappointed in that one.
Simple Earth Hops
http://www.facebook.com/simpleearthhops

Purchase whole cone hops - http://hops.goodsie.com/
Wisconsin Hop Harvest Brewfest (on the 3rd weekend every August) - http://www.simpleearthhops.com/
fattymattybrewing

Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:48 pm

I just tried the Tank 7 as part of the Smokestack Series variety pack (4 different beers, all awesome with the glass to boot!) that I got for my birthday. I'm a little ashamed to say that its the first saison/farmhouse ale I've ever tried but I have to say I'm impressed. back in m BMC days I probably wouldn't have liked it but it was very interesting. The Double-Wide double IPA was also really drinkable for such a big beer. The Sixth Glass Quadrupel Ale was a little sweet for my taste. Not a bad beer but just not my style. I don't remember what the fourth bottle in the pack was....I drank it last week and ended up getting pretty hammered so the details are a little fuzzy....
all around great beers from Boulevard though....hats off to em!

cheers,
JIM(bo)
"I'm gonna drink you pretty...."
(saw it on a t-shirt somewhere)
HaleSeezer

Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:52 pm

HaleSeezer wrote:I just tried the Tank 7 as part of the Smokestack Series variety pack (4 different beers, all awesome with the glass to boot!) that I got for my birthday. I'm a little ashamed to say that its the first saison/farmhouse ale I've ever tried but I have to say I'm impressed. back in m BMC days I probably wouldn't have liked it but it was very interesting. The Double-Wide double IPA was also really drinkable for such a big beer. The Sixth Glass Quadrupel Ale was a little sweet for my taste. Not a bad beer but just not my style. I don't remember what the fourth bottle in the pack was....I drank it last week and ended up getting pretty hammered so the details are a little fuzzy....

cheers,
JIM(bo)

I need to try the Double-Wide again. I didn't like it the first time.
"Mash, I made you my bitch!" -Tasty
Dirk McLargeHuge
Global Moderator

Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:16 pm

I'm not a huge hop-head so I was really surprised at how palatable it was...very smooth and drinkable!
"I'm gonna drink you pretty...."
(saw it on a t-shirt somewhere)
HaleSeezer

Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:30 am

Dirk McLargeHuge wrote:That looks wonderful! Wish I could get it in my town.

I found it in a small Spec's in Cypress over the weekend. I didn't get a 7 but I picked up a Saison-Brett from the Smokestack Series. Keep your eyes open for it.
Last edited by EllisTX on Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
EllisTX

Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:11 pm

If you get to Topeka, KS try the Blue Moose Bar and Grill, they have Tank 7 on tap. My go to beer.
Yumm.
Alan
alan_marks

Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:39 pm

HaleSeezer wrote:I just tried the Tank 7 as part of the Smokestack Series variety pack (4 different beers, all awesome with the glass to boot!) that I got for my birthday. I'm a little ashamed to say that its the first saison/farmhouse ale I've ever tried but I have to say I'm impressed. back in m BMC days I probably wouldn't have liked it but it was very interesting. The Double-Wide double IPA was also really drinkable for such a big beer. The Sixth Glass Quadrupel Ale was a little sweet for my taste. Not a bad beer but just not my style. I don't remember what the fourth bottle in the pack was....I drank it last week and ended up getting pretty hammered so the details are a little fuzzy....

cheers,
JIM(bo)

The other beer was probably their Belgian Stout, which is pretty good.
http://www.sceneembargo.com/Media/Music ... dy_Blades/
Greatest Band Ever! Download MP3s at site above.
passlaku

PreviousNext

Return to Beer Reviews