Re: Bud Light Golden Wheat and MAXIM TOP 25????

Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:41 pm

Dude. This just another way AB's corporate empire has smuggled there way into a magazine were 90 % of there readers are young college guys (such as my self) are to see this and say " Hey if maxim has it it must be good". Everyone now days in the college scene were I am at, is afraid of flavor, and i my self i have not tried "BL Wheat With it golden color" nore do I care to. Now what would you think if I told you when maxim magazine called AB to get the rites to use the bottle and picture on there mag that they were offered a good cash sum to rate it number one. Just goes to show they either got out bid or have editors that still actually try to put out a decent magazine with out biased results :) .
On Tap :
Golden Strong Ale ~ 8.2%
Wheat Ale. ~ 6.3%

Next brew day:
Mibock
azbrewhooligan

Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:41 pm

Yea. I agree with you.

One thing that kind of bugged me though to is that my issue of Zymurgy has a huge full page Budweiser ad.

I really thought they would not allow something like that...
mikebiewer

Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:35 pm

mikebiewer wrote:I really thought they would not allow something like that...

I think they realize their core audience is smart enough to ignore it and know they just did it for the benjamins. That one page ad keeps their magazine comin
BN Army :bnarmy:
Evan B

Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:27 pm

I think IB-AB is just scrambling to reband and excite the public, after the failure of their initial campaign. I can't see why anyone wouldn't want to buy this product.

EGADS! 3 MONTHS WITHOUT BREWING? MOVING YOU SUCK.... NEVER AGAIN

In Kegerator - Hopfen Weiss, Best Bitter
In Primary - Baby Baine Barleywine
Next up: Petite Saison
thatguy314

Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:23 pm

Classic my friend.

Its a good point that they are doing it for the money, Zymurgy, that is. But still...there has to be some kind of principle involved don't you think?
mikebiewer

Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:26 pm

Marketing is marketing
The only soldier in the BN ARMY with Ink on his legs promoting The Brewing network and BN ARMY. Prost

"The BNA is my therapist." Mickp
Henning1966

Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:07 pm

before you throw Maxim under a bus for their pick keep in mind one thing: gateway beer. getting somebody who is a hard core beer snob (the guy who only likes ONE kind of beer) to try a different beer has to be one the very toughest things to make happen. and sometimes people who do make the effect to branch from their beer find they actually do like other beer. I remember a time in my life when I thought that Heineken was "the best beer ever!" during college I knew what every six pack that cost about $2 tasted like. I think the words we used were watery, sweet, smooth and rough to describe it. sadly I can't find the journal that I kept notes in. but that's the idea.

look, you have to give AB credit for even tinkering with their precious brands. Bud was king until Bud Light took over the crown. and Bud Light will suffer the same fate as these other things get popular.

I'm pretty sure that every beer that I love today is something that I wouldn't have loved at some point in my past. for example sour beers. today I love them but I most certainly did not 15 years ago. I remember the very first IPA that blew my mind to the point that I sought out every one that I could. there is definitely a before IPA and after IPA version of my tastes. what's really wild is I remember the beer, where I bought it and going back the next day for another 6 pack.

I have no problem with Maxim giving Bud Wheat the #1 spot. because it's a really hard spot to give. no matter what goes there is going to get questioned. when I made my top 25 beer list I copped out and left it to you. and then I stuck Bud at #2. we all have our moments.

http://www.beerschool.com/509/top-25-be ... -them-all/

PS: I'm making fun of all beer lists with my list. just in case you didn't get that part.
get a 500 Beers book today from beerschool.com
not on tap: Beer School the beer pouring at 21st Amendment. we drank it all.
johnfoster

Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:34 am

:asshat:
Last edited by Sent From My iPhone on Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sent From My iPhone

PreviousNext

Return to Beer Reviews