Evil Twin Clone 2013?

Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:25 am

It is now early 2013 and there have been many versions of the Evil Twin clone tossed onto the interweb over the last few years.

On the 03-24-13 Sunday Session Jamil said that the recipe is dialed in now at Heretic, and Justin will be brewing a version of that for a brew off against JP.

Does anyone have the current recipe for Evil Twin that Justin will be brewing?
My Beard

Re: Evil Twin Clone 2013?

Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:55 pm

I hope they give it out during Brewcaster's Challenge. I was thinking about picking up some from Beerjobber (only way to get it here on the East Coast), but they are out of business!! ( beerjobber, not Heretic :wink: )
Sergeant, BN Army
R.I.P. Rat Pad ('05-'12)

Fermenter: Mayotoberfest
Kegged: Common, Cherry, & Apple Pie Ciders, Falconer Pale Ale, Strawberry Blonde
On Deck: German Pilsner, Chinookee Wookiee
TheDarkSide
Global Moderator

Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:00 pm

Beerjobber is out of business already?
I was just thinking of ordering more Heretic from them. I got the variety pack from them last fall, and was very pleased with their service. Too bad...
Gimme oysters and beer (and Durian) for dinner every day of the year...
mike____

Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:32 pm

Brewforia and Beeronthewall also sell Heretic's beer online. I've never used either of these sites and would do so with hesitation. Heretic's beers are great on tap in CA, but who knows how long the bottles have been sitting in the Brewforia warehouse and under what conditions? Seems like quite a gamble to me.
maxwell

Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:54 pm

maxwell wrote:Brewforia and Beeronthewall also sell Heretic's beer online. I've never used either of these sites and would do so with hesitation. Heretic's beers are great on tap in CA, but who knows how long the bottles have been sitting in the Brewforia warehouse and under what conditions? Seems like quite a gamble to me.

I did like the Beerjobber model where the brewery shipped out the beer to the customer. I still wonder if they failed because of the business model or legalities. The Heretic case I get shipped was good. Well, the Twin and Grave were... not a fan of the Cousin I got. It was undrinkable.

Northern Brewer had a Evil Twin kit awhile back. I brewed the extract version. It was lacking hop bitterness and flavor, but I think it was more technique than recipe. Might want to check with them.
breslinp

Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:58 pm

My Beard wrote:It is now early 2013 and there have been many versions of the Evil Twin clone tossed onto the interweb over the last few years.

On the 03-24-13 Sunday Session Jamil said that the recipe is dialed in now at Heretic, and Justin will be brewing a version of that for a brew off against JP.

Does anyone have the current recipe for Evil Twin that Justin will be brewing?

http://www.mrmalty.com/ late_hopping.php
this is the recipe that I just made, and it is fucking delicious!
I think he is currently doing a single hop addition at the brewery, but this will get you pretty damn close, I bet.
HTH
Cheers!
snowcapt

Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:17 pm

breslinp wrote: The Heretic case I get shipped was good. Well, the Twin and Grave were... not a fan of the Cousin I got. It was undrinkable.

Interesting. I really liked Twin and lived in the bay area while Heretic was starting up. It seemed like it improved between when I first had it and when I left the area. It could have just be my palate adjusting but I'm betting that there were recipe changes.
maxwell

Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:15 am

maxwell wrote:Brewforia and Beeronthewall also sell Heretic's beer online. I've never used either of these sites and would do so with hesitation. Heretic's beers are great on tap in CA, but who knows how long the bottles have been sitting in the Brewforia warehouse and under what conditions? Seems like quite a gamble to me.

Can't use these guys because they don't ship to NH. That's why beerjobber was great...one of the few that did.
Sergeant, BN Army
R.I.P. Rat Pad ('05-'12)

Fermenter: Mayotoberfest
Kegged: Common, Cherry, & Apple Pie Ciders, Falconer Pale Ale, Strawberry Blonde
On Deck: German Pilsner, Chinookee Wookiee
TheDarkSide
Global Moderator

Next

Return to Favorite Beer Recipes & Styles