Re: Making Lager Styles With Ale Yeast?

Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:49 pm

That's really cool! How does it get judged? Is it based off of flavor, abv, gravity...? I wonder if any other breweries do this type of thing. how did you find out aboht it?
Cpt Dunbar

Re: Making Lager Styles With Ale Yeast?

Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:20 pm

Cpt Dunbar wrote:That's really cool! How does it get judged? Is it based off of flavor, abv, gravity...? I wonder if any other breweries do this type of thing. how did you find out about it?

I'm not sure about judging. I was an employee for the 1st homebrewer challenge and couldn't participate. I think it's a popularity contest with the entrants and brewery employees voting on their favorite.

I don't know about other breweries. I know about this because I was their lab guy for the first two years when they opened. We have two smaller breweries here, but GRB has state wide distribution, and they're the biggest game in town. The owners are really good at what they do, and GRB was voted far and away the best in the state in a recent poll. They have a pro brewer and only hire people that sincerely love and appreciate good beer. I loved working with those folks!

Charlie
"Yes officer, I know that I smell like beer. I'm not drinking it, I'm wearing it!"
Charlie

Previous

Return to Brewing Ingredients