Re: Brand spanking new to kegging

Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:28 pm

mike____ wrote:Couldn't resist the temptation anymore! Picked up a corny, CO2 and all the fixins. :pop
Sitting full of PBW right now. Get to keg my first beer next weekend!
Priming sugar, RIP. :jnj

Congrats! Welcome to the wonderful world of force carbonation! Now get ready to screw up and lose some beer as you learn from your mistakes :o All I will say is check for leaks, then check again, and finally, check one more time. Placing the whole tank and regulator under water in your bath tub works as a 100% sure fire test for leaks.
junderwood

Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:37 am

i spray concentrated soapy water.. bubbles become easily spotted within seconds of any magnitude leak that will drain a 20# bottle in no time!
MoRdAnTlY [Mr. Wolf '91 - '12]

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, olny the frist and lsat ltteers need be at the rghit pclae. Tihs is becsuae the hamun mnid deos not raed evrey lteter by iteslf, but the wrod as a whloe.
mordantly

Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:03 pm

mordantly wrote:i spray concentrated soapy water.. bubbles become easily spotted within seconds of any magnitude leak that will drain a 20# bottle in no time!

I spray with Star San. Foams up just as nice and you don't get soap in places you don't want it.
Bugeater Brewing Company
http://www.lincolnlagers.com
Bugeater

Previous

Return to Kegging, Bottling and Dispensing