Snubbed Neck Bottles

Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:03 am

I know way not use long neck bottles. But I brewed a cream ale for my Father's Birthday and I just remembered him drinking his cream ale from Snub necks back in the day. So I'm asking does anyone know were I could order some from. He would get a kick from seeing them.
ryan88dozer

Re: Snubbed Neck Bottles

Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:45 pm

ryan88dozer wrote:I know way not use long neck bottles. But I brewed a cream ale for my Father's Birthday and I just remembered him drinking his cream ale from Snub necks back in the day. So I'm asking does anyone know were I could order some from. He would get a kick from seeing them.

Why not get some Red Stripe or better yet, Full Sail Session lager (or dark lager or IPA). Those all come in snub nose bottles, and they are a hell of a lot better than Red Stripe.

http://www.fullsailbrewing.com/session.cfm
-B'Dawg
BJCP GM3 Judge & Mead
"Lunch Meat. It's an acquired taste....." -- Mylo
BDawg

Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:39 am

I really like both of their dark and light lagers. They are well crafted.
"A bad man is a good man's job, while a good man is a bad man's teacher."
brewinhard
Global Moderator

Sun Sep 20, 2015 5:06 pm

for that matter coors banquet is coming in them right now too I think.
The only soldier in the BN ARMY with Ink on his legs promoting The Brewing network and BN ARMY. Prost

"The BNA is my therapist." Mickp
Henning1966

Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:04 pm

I tried bottling into the full sail session bottles (their summer cream ale oddly enough) and ran into a problem with them. With the capper I use (typical beginner wing looking thing) I wasn't able to get a seal on them. I kept a couple around just to see what the results were. They didn't carbonate properly, but didn't notice any off flavors. Might work for you but I didn't have the best of luck with them.
mdthompson15

Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:57 pm

The extra 15 or 20 bucks to pick up a Bench capper is well worth it, even if you only bottle occasionally.
You get a better seal, and the thing doesn't fight against you while you are capping. It ranks up there high on the 'money well spent' list, IMO.
-B'Dawg
BJCP GM3 Judge & Mead
"Lunch Meat. It's an acquired taste....." -- Mylo
BDawg

Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:15 pm

BDawg wrote:The extra 15 or 20 bucks to pick up a Bench capper is well worth it, even if you only bottle occasionally.
You get a better seal, and the thing doesn't fight against you while you are capping. It ranks up there high on the 'money well spent' list, IMO.

+1

Those Emily/Butterfly cappers are next to worthless. I have 2 bench cappers (1 standard & 1 that doubles as a corker) & haven't bottled a beer in 5+ years. Still, I consider them essential pieces of gear & won't ever part with either of them.
Lee

"Show me on this doll where the internet hurt you."

"Every zoo is a petting zoo if you man the fuck up."

:bnarmy: BN Army // 13th Mountain Division :bnarmy:
Ozwald
Global Moderator

Return to Kegging, Bottling and Dispensing