Re: adapted leland regulator to paintball co2 tank

Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:12 am

Where are you guys buying these Leland regulators from? The order form at lelandltd.com seems a bit sketchy, and doesn't have any kind of pricing. I have tried google/ebay/etc with no luck.

Thanks
pizzaman

Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:32 am

Both MoreBeer and Williams Brewing carry the regulators. Both suppliers are TBN sponsors. Buy from one of them, and let them know you listen to the BN and appreciate their sponsorship.

Hey WhiteManCapHop, can you provide more details on the adaptor you made? My dad has a lathe in his garage and I may take on the project if I have some free time. The main thing I'm not understanding is how you dealt with the pin valve on the paintball tank.
"I feel sorry for those who don't drink because when they get up in the morning that's as good as they're going to feel all day."
— Frank Sinatra
Lars

Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:18 am

Lars wrote:Both MoreBeer and Williams Brewing carry the regulators. Both suppliers are TBN sponsors. Buy from one of them, and let them know you listen to the BN and appreciate their sponsorship.

Hey WhiteManCapHop, can you provide more details on the adaptor you made? My dad has a lathe in his garage and I may take on the project if I have some free time. The main thing I'm not understanding is how you dealt with the pin valve on the paintball tank.

better late than never...
http://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AYeeiSFopHdIZGNkY2pic3pfMzA3ZGptNDhkMg&hl=en

I replaced the pin valve with an on/off valve. You can pick them up on ebay for about $15.
-Tyson
whiteManCanHop

Thu May 20, 2010 9:28 pm

Mr. Whitemancanhop, by any chance would you consider making a couple more adapters for the 20 oz CO2 tank to Leland regulators? I would like to make a mini (2-1/2-gallon) kegerator cooler (like the Tote-a-Keg which apparently is no longer available) and would love to have something clean like that (and use a biger CO2 tank). I just don't have access to equipment to make something like that.

:aaron
BungBrewing

Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:58 am

I am interested in using 12 gram CO2 cartridges. The adapter that Whitemancanhop made would work great with one of these,
http://www.paintballshoppe.com/servlet/the-7286/Quick-Change-12g-CO2/Detail Image
And use the version of the leland regulator that hooks directly to a ball lock connector. This should be a small portable setup, then use a keglove sleeve for cooling.
Let me know if you think that this setup would work, in theory this would prevent the use of the expensive threaded co2 cartridges. this should be very similar to the Williams brewing setup without the large cartridges.
nradabaugh

Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:33 am

I used a Ninja quick fill adapter to connect my 20 oz tank to my regulator, see pic below. The quick fill depresses the pin valve. An on/off, as stated earlier, will do the same thing and allows you to screw directly into the CGA-320 threads of your regulator. This is quite nice if you don't have a dedicated portable reg. An on/off or a QFA is about $15. 20oz tanks are the best for portablitity IMO because they are far cheaper to fill than buying those little cartridges ($4/fill at Dick's Sporing Goods, or fill your own with a paintball filling station) and don't require a special regulator to work or monkeying with the gas during dispensing.

Nice work on the leland regulator BTW, looks good!

Nyakavt

Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:14 am

Whitemancanhop-
I tried accessing the document for the adapter but I don't have access, do you mind granting me access. And i am in the same boat as Bungbrewing, I would definately be interested in purchasing an adapter from you as well. I have been looking online for a CGA320 female thread to 5/8-18 adapter, but I have not had any luck.
nradabaugh

Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:24 pm

try this one
http://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=1swwpKP5-NvVfEtpW8-0_s2N52MYuDWDJ196bGagvn4s

for some reason flagged the original document as "inappropriate". no reason why. im going to venture that the links i had embedded in the document caused it to get flagged.

i would love to make a few of these for you guys... but i simply do not have the means any more (or the time)... sorry. im no machinist... it took me pretty much all day to make the one ive got. not to mention
-Tyson
whiteManCanHop

PreviousNext

Return to Brewing Equipment