Re: Brew system pics

Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:31 am

Time for a new update. We are finally brewing here at 7 Fjell Bryggeri ("7 Mountains Brewery"), and so far the beer has turned out great! Everything is working fine (mostly). The learning curve is pretty steep, but I wake up in the morning looking forward to going to work every day, something I haven't done for 10 years.

The brewhouse (20HL capacity):

Wort chiller and fermentors:

All in all we have 6 x 50HL and 2 x 20HL fermentors:
Gahr Smith-Gahrsen, Bergen, Norway

7 Fjell Bryggeri and ABC Brewing
Gahr

Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:52 pm

Not nearly as fancy as most of the setups in this thread, but it works great for me.

Tags and taxes on 3 vehicles = brewing withdrawals
KYT

Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:56 am

KYT wrote:Not nearly as fancy as most of the setups in this thread, but it works great for me.

Fancier than mine though

grod

Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:37 pm

My brew system has been in a state of construction for some time but it is finally finished. Well, at least complete. I love to tinker and I doubt it will ever be finished. This is my fist post but I have gotten a lot of inspiration from these forums and have learned so much from the BN that I doubt I would have ever tackled the project with you all.

A little better that a year ago I decided I was going to build an electric brewery that had temperature control and pumps. I spent a lot of time looking over theelectricbrewery.com and drew up a wiring diagram, came up with a parts list and was ready to get started when I saw an ad at my LHBS for a class about brewing automation. It turns out the owner of my LHBS also runs a panel shop that makes control panels for all kinds of industrial applications. He offered me the use of a work bench and the tools at his shop for which I am quite grateful, Thanks JB! He also talked me out of using PIDs for control and using a PLC (Programmable Logic Controller) instead. The PLC provides temperature control, can integrate timers into the control and understand commands like or, and, when etc. The PLC is not plug and play though and learning how to program it took a lot of time, and since computers hate me, frustration.

The cart was TIG welded by me. I also welded some of the fittings on the keggels, the others were silver soldered with a MAPP torch. All in all it took a lot of work as well as learning new things like programming the PLC. I didn't keep track of the total cost but I am sure I came in well under what the commercial single tier stands cost. That said all the parts add up quickly and it was still more expensive than I originally thought it would be.

Here are some pics.

Inside HLT

Inside Mash Tun

Inside Boil Kettle
Eddie Bausch

Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:33 am

Nice work soldier. Looking good.
Lee

"Show me on this doll where the internet hurt you."

"Every zoo is a petting zoo if you man the fuck up."

:bnarmy: BN Army // 13th Mountain Division :bnarmy: