Re: Brew system pics

Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:54 pm

my new sculpture that's in the works. Top tier is mash, middle tier is boil, and bottom is HLT. Still debating on if i should get a burner for the top tier or if i should just recirc it through a copper coil that will be placed in the HLT.
beer is my way of living...
mattman688

Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:08 pm

first time brewing on my new system a few weeks ago... overall i'm very happy with my build. My buddy and I used stuff around both our garages to build this. All i needed to buy was a stainless steel pump and a few fittings. Everything else i already had. And I just scored a JZ 50' chiller for $20 and a case of beer.
Not sure if I want to switch the mash tun to a keg mash tun, that cooler is 72qts and holds more overall. Everything but the mash tun also uses quick release connections for quick line changes...
mattman688

Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:34 am

I have been messing around in google sketchup and designed a brew stand. Nothing special just a brutus 10. I'm going to make it a little taller because right now the pumps are about 1 foot off the ground and I want them a little higher up. I'm 6-4 so having the pump all the way down there is pretty low.

I'm in the process of looking for a house and a shed is high up on the list of wants so this will be in the shed when I get it.
forcera

Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:48 pm

mattman688 wrote:my new sculpture that's in the works. Top tier is mash, middle tier is boil, and bottom is HLT. Still debating on if i should get a burner for the top tier or if i should just recirc it through a copper coil that will be placed in the HLT.

Do you have dimensions for you sculpture? I think I have nough angle iron to make this. Thanks

-Bill
Oddball Brewing Company - A nano start up in Pembroke NH http://www.oddbbrewing.com
NHbeerscene

Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:44 pm

NHbeerscene wrote:
mattman688 wrote:my new sculpture that's in the works. Top tier is mash, middle tier is boil, and bottom is HLT. Still debating on if i should get a burner for the top tier or if i should just recirc it through a copper coil that will be placed in the HLT.

Do you have dimensions for you sculpture? I think I have nough angle iron to make this. Thanks

-Bill

yeah i will measure them when i get home. I designed it to handle a larger setup in the future if i decide to buy larger kettles.
If i recall. the bottom tier base starts at 12" high, then i measured the height of a keg and added 18" for the top tier i believe. Then the second tier is 12" above the bottom tier. I think each section is 24" wide. Thats a strong guess, i'll measure when i get home.
mattman688

Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:22 pm

Thanks, it's a nice looking system.

mattman688 wrote:
NHbeerscene wrote:

-Bill

yeah i will measure them when i get home. I designed it to handle a larger setup in the future if i decide to buy larger kettles.
If i recall. the bottom tier base starts at 12" high, then i measured the height of a keg and added 18" for the top tier i believe. Then the second tier is 12" above the bottom tier. I think each section is 24" wide. Thats a strong guess, i'll measure when i get home.
Oddball Brewing Company - A nano start up in Pembroke NH http://www.oddbbrewing.com
NHbeerscene

Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:10 pm

Any measurements? I am anxious to get started.
NHbeerscene

Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:56 am

NHbeerscene wrote:Any measurements? I am anxious to get started.

36-28-34. I'm anxious to get started too. ;)
Lee

"Show me on this doll where the internet hurt you."

"Every zoo is a petting zoo if you man the fuck up."

:bnarmy: BN Army // 13th Mountain Division :bnarmy:
Ozwald
Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Brewing Sculptures