Colorado

Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:59 am

Will be there in June, specifically to drink, so, I know there are a million cool places to visit, but any breweries/brewpubs etc that I should not miss under any circumstances, maybe smaller, more obscure gems? I'll be mobile so pretty much anywhere in the state is fair game.

Thanks!
mickp

Re: Colorado

Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:15 pm

I don't think it qualifies as small anymore, but I wouldn't miss Crooked Stave. I haven't been since they opened the new tasting room, but their beers have been awesome every time I've had them.
Sergeant BN Army
cdburg

Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:27 am

I am interested too! We're visiting Denver in May on our cross country camping trip (last big hurrah for the fam and I before we open the brewery) and thats one of many beer stops we are making. I have listened to the Crooked Stave show prob 10 times since it aired. Any others to visit? If you're coming to New England anytime I can help with breweries to visit.
Oddball Brewing Company - A nano start up in Pembroke NH http://www.oddbbrewing.com
NHbeerscene

Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:46 pm

Ahhh... I need the same help! The girlfriend and I are visiting for GABF and we'll be running around the state for a couple of days before. Any suggestions in the Denver/surrounding area? I already put crooked stave on the list, we'll also visit a few places in Denver during GABF weekend, but I was wondering if there were any other places? I want to visit that heavy metal brewery and I heard there's a brewery with an arcade in it. I had left hand brewing on the list so I could try some of their stuff, but it looks like they'll be distributed in socal late next month. We'll probably still check it out anyway though...
Beerd Man

Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:54 pm

Which part of Colorado? As far as smaller, more obscure places, we stumbled in to Coopersmith's in Ft. Collins and were very pleasantly surprised.
siwelwerd

Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:16 am

I am a huge fan of Tommyknocker in Idaho Springs. It's just a couple of hours west of the airport.
"Mash, I made you my bitch!" -Tasty
Dirk McLargeHuge
Global Moderator

Colorado

Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:53 am

My girlfriend and I were in Denver two weeks ago. I wanted to go to many breweries but we only had one day to spend. We wanted to hit up a brewery and see the mountains. Tommyknocker allowed us to do both. We got a flight of beer and a meal. Their Pilsner is amazing. That sold me as it's hard to find a really good Pilsner IMO. The elk burger was fantastic and the service was awesome. If you are an AHA member you get a free pint. It was just under 45 minutes from the heart of downtown Denver. I will definitely go back to Tommyknocker the next time I'm in the Denver area.
Brian
KCMO
mobrewer

Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:22 pm

NHbeerscene wrote:I am interested too! We're visiting Denver in May on our cross country camping trip (last big hurrah for the fam and I before we open the brewery) and thats one of many beer stops we are making. I have listened to the Crooked Stave show prob 10 times since it aired. Any others to visit? If you're coming to New England anytime I can help with breweries to visit.

I'm in windham this week. Stopped by moonlight meadery and I'm hitting 603 tomorrow.
NervousDad

Next

Return to Travel