Broomfield Colorado ... Suburb of Denver

Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:53 pm

I have a 3-4 day work trip to Broomfield Colorado on the eastern slope of the rockies (AKA greater Denver area) in early December at the Omni Interlocken resort. Any suggestions on great beer destinations (walking 0-2 miles or taxi 2-10 miles) would be great. In addition, I am interested in any good bottle shops between the airport and the resort so that I can stock up on beer for my stay. I am open to any suggestions and meeting any fellow BNers. The trip is December 2-5th (fly in 2nd and out 5th).

Disclaimer: I am straight, relatively normal (in my deranged opinion), and dedicatedly married ... but otherwise a perfectly cool dude.
Eagle Dude

On Tap: Barrel Fermented Berlinerweisse 3.2%; American Pale Ale 6.3%, Amarillo Blond 5%
Aging: Flander's Red in a 60 gallon Merlot barrel
Fermenting: Robust Porter 6.5%
EagleDude

Re: Broomfield Colorado ... Suburb of Denver

Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:20 pm

Really?!? ... great beer state of Colorado and no suggestions from the BN army? I know you guys can do better than that!
Eagle Dude

On Tap: Barrel Fermented Berlinerweisse 3.2%; American Pale Ale 6.3%, Amarillo Blond 5%
EagleDude

Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:47 pm

Sorry when you added straight all your options went out the window.

:jnj

Sorry I can't help you here, only been to Denver once and was underage at the time.
Bottled: fresh hop pale ale
On tap: Moose bile strong ale
In the cellar: Taqu'il's Fat Black Imperial Stout
Lagering:
In the fermenter: Moose drool clone
In the works: Taqu'il's Fat Black Imperial stout
PorkSlapper

Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:30 am

OK, You have quite a few choices, from the closest to the Omni. Colorado keg house, great selection of Colorado only beers, you can get a full selection of all the great Colorado breweries here. Next is 4 Noses just south of Omni. My favorite Big choice Brewing just south and east of you. you have Westminster Brewing a little further south. Heading north you have Odd 13 in Lafeyette and Crystal Springs There are others within 10-15 min drive from where you'll be. if you need to Pm me and I'll give you more info. :drink
Last edited by HTRDCUMMINS on Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
HTRDCUMMINS

Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:47 pm

PorkSlapper wrote:Sorry when you added straight all your options went out the window.

:jnj

:lol: ... well my humor is a bit crooked if that helps!
Eagle Dude

EagleDude

Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:04 pm

Cheeky monk and Gordon biersch in Westminster is about all I can think of. You will be in a bit of a non beer area, so hit up whole foods for bottles.
pepperford

Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:41 am

Don't go to Whole foods for Bottles, This is Colorado "Craft Beer = liquor store" The closest big liquor store is Total beverage on 92nd and Sheriden. Like i said in my previous post you do have a lot of choices, The Westminster/Broomfield area has really grown with beer choices. I live right in the heart of this area. hit me up for any questions.
HTRDCUMMINS

Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:40 pm

Yeah, not a lot of great beers near you. There is a C.B. & Potts brewpub and Gordon Biersch within walking distance but everything else is going to require wheels. Get wheels head to Boulder. Avery is a must, Boulder Beer is a good stop, Upslope, there are quite a few. But wheels are a must.
BadRock
Global Moderator

Next

Return to Travel